2 cases of walleye being poached 2 cases of walleye being poached 2 cases of walleye being poached 2 cases of walleye being poached
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

there is a difference when 2 guys take 75 just between the 2 of them or it 7 ppl take 42. The charter caught a legal number of per person on the boat. If i give my fish to them that's not illegal. i just cant go back out that day and get my fish again.

it's no different than if i give my fish to my grandpa, or a soup kitchen.
    Last edited by branhamautomotive; 04-16-2019 at 10:56 AM.
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

Kent,I bet that van called their friends on the boat and told them the DNR was not around and ok for them to drive in and drop fish off to them.When catching is fast and easy guys will double dip.The DNR knows this and watches the ramps.Heard they video tape boats and use drones to keep track of boats coming and going.I might have taken video with phone of those guys.But who knows what they may have done about it.

like I said im not defending anyone but there is no difference ,its not a boat limit its a person limit,are those charter captains reeling in their own fish?its wrong in both cases.just because they get paid to fish doesn't make it legal.its great for the customer.and I personally don't have a problem with it.but if anybody wants to hang people for poaching then hang all poachers.

Yes, The ODNR certainly has their hands full during this time of year. I am sure and hope- they have many many tricks up their sleeves. No reason for this kind of thing to happen, it is too easy to do things the right way, just rotten slobs. The one I saw was not a charter, but no matter. As far as I know the charter capt. can can catch their limit and give it away, but only one limit as for anyone else.
    Last edited by pimplepounder; 04-16-2019 at 11:39 AM. Reason: spelling
    PimplePounder

Ranger Cherokee 237 18ft.
    115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    Xi5 Motorguide Auto Anchor/GPS
    FL-20 Vexilar
    898 HD DI SI Humminbird GPS
    Navonics Premium

Captains be very careful with this, in WI they started putting wardens on boats to be sure the captains and mates were actually reeling in their own fish to give away. Some got busted for letting customers reel in their limit too. If they see somebody consistently doing it here you can bet there will be a sting operation on their boat.

The other thing they watch for is line count, if you get to the point where people start to get their limits you better pull their lines. If your fishing for just the captains limit at the end you better only have his legal amount of lines in the water.
    Last edited by WI Walleye; 04-16-2019 at 01:45 PM.

In Ohio,

I would think you would still be able to fish, you would just have to release or fish for something else.?
    PimplePounder

115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    FL-20 Vexilar
    Navonics Premium

Words straight from DNR mouth to me was you cannot give fish away at the ramp or dock. Once your home do what you want with them. Doesn't make much sense to me but that's what he told me. I too worked on a charter for years and we always gave our fish to the customer. Crap back then the captain's would tell us to catch catch catch to get the boat limit which there is no boat limit its individual limit.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Kent,I bet that van called their friends on the boat and told them the DNR was not around and ok for them to drive in and drop fish off to them.When catching is fast and easy guys will double dip.The DNR knows this and watches the ramps.Heard they video tape boats and use drones to keep track of boats coming and going.I might have taken video with phone of those guys.But who knows what they may have done about it.
    people with docks try to get around the dnr by going on each others boats out the same day

Well, its a bunch of crap for sure. If I get my walleyes, I will fish for perch, if I get my perch, I will fish for small mouth. I will only shoot one antlered deer. Its simple, respectful, and honest. People who double dip, will do it with just about anything.
    PimplePounder

115 HP. Johnson SPL
    15 HP Merc. Kicker
    FL-20 Vexilar
    Navonics Premium

I am confused as to why they say finding a cooler with 50 plus walleye is poaching. What if it was a group who fished 2-3 days and lost the cooler of the back of a truck- boat? Just seems like a lot of assumptions.