Coming up april 6th Coming up april 6th Coming up april 6th Coming up april 6th

Default Coming up april 6th

Can anyone tell me if the jig is starting yet and how early the bait stores are open near wildwings or is everyone just trolling would really like to jig the reefs any advice would be appreciated. Cant wait to get up there!!!!!

I went out on a charter on Wednesday March 27, with Captain Chris out of Sterling State Park Michigan, there was over 200 boats out that day and every single boat was trolling. One of our crew ask when will he (Captain Chris) be doing jigging charters, he said "about two (2) weeks April 10ish" After we fished we stopped at Angler's Fish Camp to get the 14 Walleye cleaned, they are located at 6647 N La Plaisance Rd, Monroe, MI 48161 they are open for the season from; 6o AM - 9:00 PM, they had Shiners Additionally my fishing friend who lives in Oak Harbor told me Bite Me Bait is open behind Wild Wings, they also have Shiners.

boats been coming in to shop some with success some not. last heard was jigging was good 12 ft of water off turtle creek moving out to as deep as 22 ft of water as the sun comes up. purple hair jigs and orange hair jigs 1 guy came in said first cast 10 pound eye on pink but only got 3 for the day water clarity will determine where the fishermen go purple is always the best seller and heavy 3/4 and 1 ounce must feel the bottom and jig it off the bottom watch the drop going back down but everybody has there own special lure mines always been 1 ounce purple we have a fully stocked shop with thousands of hair jigs full tank of emerald shiners. come in and say hi we have lots of guys come in and talk fishing looks like weather may get better we stocked up on ice and nobody wants any imagine that

And where are you

Quote Originally Posted by Wally View Post
    And where are you
    He Owens the Bait Shop on Rt. 2 between Yondota and Teachout Rds in Jeruslem Twp
    ( Curtice ) Ohio , great Guy Known him long time been arround a while makes all Jigs himself .
    Also make great Perch spreaders , all at reasonable pricing , probably best you will find.

Jigging is slow need to be at the right place at right time, key is to move if not catching. once we get some warm days ( Probably this coming weekend it will be on fire .

was out for a boat test run yesterday, no fishing. the water temp out of wild wings in the early evening was a constant 42.6 by the lowrance hook9. we went out a mile or so, water was very muddy. normally it takes water temps in the mid lower 40s to start to trigger the spawn. I'm sure fish are getting staged up in these areas and can be had. in the next 2 weeks the action will really kick up
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

Ok friends thank you for all the info. Well plans are to to out of wild wings saturday rain sleet or snow LOL guess ill bring the jiging and trolling gear and see what happens ill stay in touch and let you guys know what happens. Be safe and courteous. Thanks guys see ya all up there!!!!!!