Question on Crank baits Question on Crank baits Question on Crank baits Question on Crank baits

Default Question on Crank baits

Love all the reports and I'm so hoping to make my third trip here soon... may be solo, but oh well.

??? Is there a temperature difference before many of you regulars consider running husky jerks? I have a collection of DH12's from the past two years, usually not fishing until the first week of May. I see most of the mentions now are Bandits and other baits. Is there a solid difference in action of the Rapala that may be better in warm temps where I see it mentioned more frequently?

Again, thank you everyone for the great reports and sharing!

Been running a mix of both bandits and husky jerks. They should do just fine right now, some days better than bandits

I dont feel it's really a temp difference as much as a personal preference or what the fish in the area fishing want.

some ppl prefer one bait over another. I know personally I like bandits, so I try them first. but I've had just as good of luck over the years with DHJ, reef runners, p10. each bait does seem to like it own speed best to get lure action. but speed is also one of those day to day things this time of year too
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

I use everything. I really like the bandits but been pulling a lot of bombers lately. Fish seem to like different. One thing most people think is funny is i always have one flicker shad 7 or 9 out. Seems they choke the smaller profile lures better.

There can be a preferred crank depending on the water temp.Seams the P10 are what catches best at the coldest water temps due to their more subtle action.The bandits have become very popular in the past 5? years since they require little tuning and catch well in very cold to warmer temps.The reefrunners,which were the dominant crank for a long time dive deeper and have a more aggressive action.They seam to work better in warmer water but are more difficult to tune.The dhj still catch fish.Maybe not right after ice out,but soon after.Never know what action the fish will want,so put out several types and see what the fish want.Remember,when trolling,put the longest leads on the outside and the heaviest weights on the inside.