Special elections vote for the health of Lake Erie. Special elections vote for the health of Lake Erie. Special elections vote for the health of Lake Erie. Special elections vote for the health of Lake Erie.

Default Special elections vote for the health of Lake Erie.

For anyone who lives in Toledo, there is a special election happening Feb 26 that has a bill on it to clean up the lake. Vote yes for it. I just checked and my polling station is the same as normal. If you live anywhere in Ohio you may have a similar bill on a vote coming up so be sure to check. Get out there and vote on this one!

I wrote a couple articles for greatlakesnow.org on the LEBOR. They'll have another article coming in the next couple days. It's Detroit Public Television's website covering all things Great Lakes.

Reside in Columbus, OH. Have place in Perrysburg, OH.

I prefer not to comment on political topics on this forum since it's not supposed to be about politics.
    But this post is an exception.

I won't go long winded and explain the background of this type of legal doctrine. You can do your own research. I will make this as objective as possible.

1. The proposed "Lake Erie Bill of Rights" vote in Toledo next Tuesday, if passed, will do nothing of significance to help protect Lake Erie. We have passed laws and policies for over 50 years to protect the Lake from pollution and other damaging issues. All we need to do is monitor and enforce those laws and regulations, and make sure they are well funded and well administered as well as updated.

2. The "LEBOR" is primarily a political action, not an environmental action. It's purpose is to provide a small
    political group the legal power to have a much bigger influence. That's what this kind of legal idea is designed to do. Circumvent the duly established legal and regulatory system.

I have little doubt many people who favor the issue have a sincere interest in protecting Lake Erie. Everyone needs to make sure they understand what this issue really is, not just the superficial image, before they vote.

Quote Originally Posted by West Basin View Post
    I prefer not to comment on political topics on this forum since it's not supposed to be about politics.

I won't go long winded and explain the background of this type of legal doctrine. You can do your own research. I will make this as objective as possible.

1. The proposed "Lake Erie Bill of Rights" vote in Toledo next Tuesday, if passed, will do nothing of significance to help protect Lake Erie. We have passed laws and policies for over 50 years to protect the Lake from pollution and other damaging issues. All we need to do is monitor and enforce those laws and regulations, and make sure they are well funded and well administered as well as updated.

2. The "LEBOR" is primarily a political action, not an environmental action. It's purpose is to provide a small
    political group the legal power to have a much bigger influence. That's what this kind of legal idea is designed to do. Circumvent the duly established legal and regulatory system.

I have little doubt many people who favor the issue have a sincere interest in protecting Lake Erie. Everyone needs to make sure they understand what this issue really is, not just the superficial image, before they vote.
    With so much misleading information from both sides it's hard to determine what the real hidden agenda is!
    Last edited by Prkr314; 02-26-2019 at 03:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by West Basin View Post

Thank you for posting West Basin! This is scary.

If anyone is considering voting for this legislation, please do your homework.

It is the equivalent to "trees have rights".