Special 11 dollar permit for nonresadents Special 11 dollar permit for nonresadents Special 11 dollar permit for nonresadents Special 11 dollar permit for nonresadents
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Special 11 dollar permit for nonresadents

Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are on this special permit for nonresidents only. Are they trying to stop nonresidents from coming! Bigdan

Haven't heard what the money will be used for but I don't think $11 will hurt us much. Out of state annual license has been a real bargain in Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Wheezer View Post
    Haven't heard what the money will be used for but I don't think $11 will hurt us much. Out of state annual license has been a real bargain in Ohio.

Don't really like it, especially after they had increased the non-regular non-resident license.Don't know what the intent is for money generated from the permit, but it should have been imposed on everyone IMO. Been easier to swallow if it would have been incorporated into the regular license fee, then to impose a special permit fee, because your a non-resident.If i iced fished it alot, it might be different. Campground opens in April, and i usually put my boat in, the middle, to latter part of April ( weather permitting ) ,so i guess, for the sake of one to two weeks to fish, untill the permit expires, i won't get one, as it's not needed from May till end of December. Michigan imposed a substantial increase in a non-resident license, a few years ago, and got their a$$'es burnt, because of decreased sales. Had to lower the prices the next year.

Its only good for 3 days, I'm from Ky and thats what I used last year but I think it was only for 1 day. Ky has a 1 day deal for nonresidents, $10, my brother used it every year when we fished Cumberland.

This eleven dollar permit is on top of a one day,three day, or annual license. It looks like they targeting the Jig fishing and river fishing, seeing its only January thru April

Where can I look to read about it? Looked in Ohio fishing regulations and couldn't find it.

I'm not positive, but the way that I have read this, is that it only apply to Lake Erie itself. No mention of rivers or tributaries.
    Being a non resident myself, it does sting a little. But at the same time, if the funds go to launches and helping with invasive species, I suppose it's not the end of the world. Just won't be able to buy one more bandit.
    Good luck, and happy Holidays

Quote Originally Posted by drakefamily2 View Post
    Its only good for 3 days, I'm from Ky and thats what I used last year but I think it was only for 1 day. Ky has a 1 day deal for nonresidents, $10, my brother used it every year when we fished Cumberland.
    You must be confused. It wasn't implemented at that time. It begins Jan 1, 2019.

Beginning Jan. 1, 2019, a Lake Erie permit ($11) will be required for all Non-residents to fish Ohio waters of Lake Erie from JAN 1st_APRIL 30th each year.
    **Money generated by this permit will be used for specified purposes related to the protection and improvements of Lake Erie, such as combating invasive species, securing public access and providing for fish management projects in Lake Erie.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

I have no issue paying the fee to fish in the best fishery in the world for walleye the best time of year to do it. Especially if it is used properly to conserve our wonderful resource.
    Capt Sam "Porkchop" Downing
    [email protected]
    www.porkchopexpresscharters.com
    www.facebook.com/captwalleye/
    2017 North river seahawk 25. 27' long w/yamaha 300 and 9.9 kicker. Full garmin electronics package including 12" gps and chirp sonar, radar with satellite weather and radio, autopilot for main engine and TR1 autopilot for kicker has a private porta potty and seating for 8 under the roof.
    OFFERING 2 TO 6 PERSON CHARTERS FOR WALLEYE AND PERCH