Special 11 dollar permit for nonresadents Special 11 dollar permit for nonresadents Special 11 dollar permit for nonresadents Special 11 dollar permit for nonresadents
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yes i know lake Erie only! but that's the only lake i fish in Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDan View Post
    Yes i know lake Erie only! but that's the only lake i fish in Ohio.
    Ya me too......campground opens about the 1st of April, and i usually (weather permitting ) drop my boat in about the 2nd to 3rd week,right at the jig bite time.... so if i want to fish that week or so until May 1st...i'll have to get the permit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwiggler View Post
    I guess with the non resident fees at $55.50 now, they should be getting a fair amount of money generated to go toward improving the fishery, plus all the non-resident boat registrations.
    Ohio annual non-resident lic will be 44.20 for 2019....not sure where you're getting the 55.40 from? Michigan charges 76.00 for their annual non-resident lic. So, we're still way below other states in that regard....even with the 4 month permit of 11.00 for the spring fishing.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say, "plus all the non-resident boat registrations? What do you mean?
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Juls View Post
    Ohio annual non-resident lic will be 44.20 for 2019....not sure where you're getting the 55.40 from? Michigan charges 76.00 for their annual non-resident lic. So, we're still way below other states in that regard....even with the 4 month permit of 11.00 for the spring fishing.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say, "plus all the non-resident boat registrations? What do you mean?

Sorry, i made a $.20 mistake.....$44.20 annual non-resident license + $11.00 non resident Lake Erie permit = $55.20. What i mean by "all the non-resident boat registrations" is revenue generated with all the non-resident boat registration sold. As far as Mich fees go, i quit fishing there when they raised theirs from $40 to $76. Somewhat of gouging if you ask me. I.m older, on a fixed income, so when it gets to the point of being too much....dollar here-dollar there, i'll hang it up. I enjoy it alot, and i spend alot, gas, ( both auto and boat ), food,toll road, camping and boat dock fees,boat registration, fishing license,etc.,so i generate some revenue to Ohio, i'm sure. Have a nice day !

5. Default

Hello all,
    I am a new poster, but I have lurked here for some time to see what is happening on the best Walleye Lake in the world. I was content to just lurk, but this thread finally pushed me to registering so I could comment.

I will not argue for or against the extra permit fee. but I'd like to offer a little clarification. All fishing license fees in Ohio go directly to the division of Wildlife and are used for management of the resource. They pay for everything from research, hatcheries to law enforcement of Wildlife codes. Ohio's fees are quite reasonable compared to many states. In addition many of the shoreline and boat access construction is paid for by excise tax on fishing and boating gear from the federal government. No, let me repeat no general fund tax dollars are spent on fishing or Division of Wildlife funding. Actually the politicians are always trying to steal our money. As for boat registration: boats are registered by the resident state of the owner, non-residents may use their boats in Ohio waters and do not pay an extra registration. If they register as an Ohio boat the fee is the same for all. I do not know the reasoning behind the extra fee, but the Kasich administration has raided the DOW funds and they are in serious need of funding. The money absolutely will pay to manage the fishery. This was once a dead lake if your old enough to remember, the Dow has done a miraculous job managing this lake. So it erks me to see mis-information posted. Believe me I am in a position to know absolutely what I am talking about!

Quote Originally Posted by Southern OH Percid angler View Post
    Hello all,
    I am a new poster, but I have lurked here for some time to see what is happening on the best Walleye Lake in the world. I was content to just lurk, but this thread finally pushed me to registering so I could comment.

I will not argue for or against the extra permit fee. but I'd like to offer a little clarification. All fishing license fees in Ohio go directly to the division of Wildlife and are used for management of the resource. They pay for everything from research, hatcheries to law enforcement of Wildlife codes. Ohio's fees are quite reasonable compared to many states. In addition many of the shoreline and boat access construction is paid for by excise tax on fishing and boating gear from the federal government. No, let me repeat no general fund tax dollars are spent on fishing or Division of Wildlife funding. Actually the politicians are always trying to steal our money. As for boat registration: boats are registered by the resident state of the owner, non-residents may use their boats in Ohio waters and do not pay an extra registration. If they register as an Ohio boat the fee is the same for all. I do not know the reasoning behind the extra fee, but the Kasich administration has raided the DOW funds and they are in serious need of funding. The money absolutely will pay to manage the fishery. This was once a dead lake if your old enough to remember, the Dow has done a miraculous job managing this lake. So it erks me to see mis-information posted. Believe me I am in a position to know absolutely what I am talking about!
    Well said. As Jules posted from the Ohio Regulations "Money generated by this permit will be used for specified purposes related to the protection and improvements of Lake Erie, such as combating invasive species, securing public access and providing for fish management projects in Lake Erie." Small price to pay for access to the tremendous spring fishing.

I don’t mind a few extra dollars if it helps promote and protect our resource. I purchased a deer tag this year knowing I wouldn’t be able to hunt just to support our natural resources. I also agree with Jules and some others that non residents are getting a bargain in Ohio.

To each his own.

Blog Entries

I have followed this site for years but this is my first post. First let me say thank you to everybody that does post and keeps me informed about Lake Erie! I have enjoyed fishing Lake Erie since 1977. When I consider the thousands of dollars I have invested in my boat, rods, reels, tackle boxes, locators, and other equipment, why would I let an additional $11 fee stop me from enjoying some of the most productive water anywhere? At least the Ohio DNR tries to manage the states resources to which I again say Thank You. While at times my wife might appreciate a GIANT fishing equipment sale, IT’S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN ANY TIME SOON!! With walleye at or near record numbers and great perch fishing, I hope everyone is looking forward to another great year. The only problem I see right now is, my boat is winterized (and people are still on the water catching fish) and it is too warm for ice to develop. Conservation practices are what allows us to enjoy the freedoms we have while fishing and hunting in this great country. While the people in charge of our resources try to do their part in managing them, I believe we need to be willing to support their efforts, even with our billfolds.

I think it's a great idea!! Actually it should be a 20$ fee! If you don't like it fish in your own state!! Seriously if anyone would let an 11$ fee stop them they have no business making the drive. I fish and hunt out of state. and never once have complained about out of state fees which are much higher than Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwiggler View Post
    You don't see me buying $14 custom baits. I'm not arguing paying the damn $11, i'm complaining "WHO " is required to pay it. I guess with the non resident fees at $55.50 now, they should be getting a fair amount of money generated to go toward improving the fishery, plus all the non-resident boat registrations.
    I don't buy$14 bait either I am a resident don't use public launches but am willing to pay a$11 fee. I agree with you everyone should pay resident or non resident it goes to benefit everyone.