Fishing with Mark and Dr Steve 11/25/18 Fishing with Mark and Dr Steve 11/25/18 Fishing with Mark and Dr Steve 11/25/18 Fishing with Mark and Dr Steve 11/25/18

Default Fishing with Mark and Dr Steve 11/25/18

I left the house early this morning to go get my boat out of storage for today's trip, gas up the Ranger, and get some breakfast at Big Bopper's before heading over to Mazurik's to meet my crew.

They were meeting me at 8:30, so I had a lot of time to visit with some other captains that showed up at Bopper's too. It's been a while since I had seen the bunch of them, so it was a good way to start the day!

Mark was driving in from Fremont and Steve was driving in from Sandusky. Mark showed up a little after 8, so we chatted while we waited for Steve to show up. He showed up right on time and we were launched and in the water by 8:30.

After letting the G2 warm up to temp, we headed to the northeast side of Kelly's to start looking. I stopped short of the south green can at the shoal and didn't mark much, but saw a few boats on the west side of the shoal and north of north bay trolling. But, just before I was going to move west, I got a text from someone saying they already had 6 in the box (they had launched 20 minutes before me), and gave me some numbers, so we turned and headed 4 miles southeast to give it a shot.

We set up with Bandits behind Off Shore boards at 75-120 back at a speed of 1.3-1.4mph. We picked up 4 fish, but it wasn't on fire. The marks were spotty...really good...then, nothing...then, really good...then, nothing.

Just about the time I was going to turn and go back through a pod of fish, I got a text from another friend showing me his screen full of marks from top to bottom and said it was a pretty good bite, so we picked up and moved to the west again. Luckily, it was a nice day and we got to go open up the engine and let her sing.

We caught their two limits, and three of mine (but one I let go, so it would get a chance to live a little longer), before we ran out of time, and headed in.

Bandits 80 back and P-10's 20/50 and 30/30 with a 2oz Guppie weight were our best leads overall. The Lemon-Lime Crush P-10 with the orange belly took a bunch...as did the Attention Deficit Bandit.

It was a very nice day on the water. The air temp was a warm 48 degrees and the water temp was 42. It was mostly overcast, but the sun did pop out in the early afternoon for about an hour. The wind died around noon and went to nothing, so the lake was like glass.

The guys had a good time and learned some little tips and tricks for using inline planer boards, so they can apply it to their outings out on the lake too.

I might be fishing with the Chapman's again on Friday if the forecast holds.....fingers crossed!

Stay tuned....

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Mark and Dr Steve 11/25/18-mark-dr-steve-11_25_180fk5odbvqyqg5stk7j3jsa-jpg Fishing with Mark and Dr Steve 11/25/18-mark-dr-steve-11_25_18mmzgd2pbtlsfmma5gm9lmq-jpg Fishing with Mark and Dr Steve 11/25/18-mark-dr-steve-11_25_18ndc27ygotsei0apzczgdta-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Way to go Juls! How's the new boat?

Quote Originally Posted by high noon View Post
    Way to go Juls! How's the new boat?
    The new boat is working perfectly. Thanks for asking.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Thanks for the post, Capt. I love it when that lake is like glass. Doesnt happen that often!

just wanted to let you know how much I like reading your posts. I cant be there and your posts are the next best thing. keep on posting.

Thanks for your posts this year Capt Juls. I've learned from your posts.