HillbillyEye Perch 10-13 and 14 HillbillyEye Perch 10-13 and 14 HillbillyEye Perch 10-13 and 14 HillbillyEye Perch 10-13 and 14

Default HillbillyEye Perch 10-13 and 14

Playing Hooky
    Capt Jerry
    Trip 21 and 22 last of the year

Saturday went out to hide behind the island east of Perry Monument. Cold Windy and Misty Rain at times. Captain worked his tail off to try and find us fish moved 5 or more times Really struggled to find fish that would bite. Lots of fish on the Fish finder huge schools close to the bottom and on the bottom but they had lockjaw. We talked with at least 5 other boats out there and no one was having much luck, Inline rigs with mix of bling and no bling. Shiners in various sizes. The smaller the better. Cut bait they once again would not even look at it. We ended the day with 19 keepers for 6 pounds 15 throw backs 24 4 inch walleye and 4 10 inch walleye. Couple farm animals and several gobies. Small perch and eyes were released unharmed Gobies were not.

Sunday
    What a difference 12 hrs made on this wonderful fishery. Lite wind out of the south warmed up 15 degrees. Just magnificent October day on a beautiful lake.
    Started off at the wreck out front of the mouth of the Portage River water was cleaner than it had been in last few days. Fish we caught were very nice size with several over 12 inches and a dozen over 11. Same as other trips schools would move thru and you would catch a few then it would go quiet for and hour.Inline rigs with Blue or Red bling did the best. Small shiners or you wasted your time no cut bait today. We got a call from another captain that the bite was on over along the cans at the fence and we moved. should have stayed because we only managed a few fish and they were smaller. We moved back to the wreck to finish off the season.
    If everyone had caught fish like the Guy beside me was catching we would have limited out. I wont mention his name but the Marine put on a clinic for the rest of the boat (Port Side). We finished the day with 91 for 31 pounds. at Port Clinton Fish cleaners.
    These guys/gals are fast and good. We caught 1 channel cat about 8 pounds 2 dozen small eyes couple farm animals. All in all a wonderful day of fishing and fellowship and swapping lies (I mean fish stories).

I want to personally thank each and everyone on this site that post their stories. It has helped me so much to learn the lake and learn areas i have not fished yet.I live thru your reports like so many others on this board. Please continue to share your vast knowledge so we all may learn from each other and continue to Enjoy this wonderful fishery. See you all in April i will of course check the board like i always do every day. Safe Fishing out there.

thanks for all the reports have a good winter