Launched out of the Fairport Harbor Port Authority ramps around 7:30am. I quickly realized the NOAA wave report (2ft or less) was slightly off - it was more like 1-3's with the occasional 4-5. I run a 24' Yamaha dual engine jet boat modified for fishing so I gave it go anyway since she handles the rough water pretty well.

I made my way out to the 50/20 line and set up in about 65 FoW. Trolled for about and hour while I battled the waves to keep the boat straight. Put nothing in the cooler so decided to make a move deeper as the lake settled down a bit (1-3's with an occasional 4).

Set up on 53/21 line (which was the original plan) and the Helix was marking tons of fish. I had my limit in 1.5 hours with walleye between 18-22 inches. I fun fished for another hour or so and caught and released another dozen. No junk fish, but also no steelies which was a bummer - I really wanted to get a couple on the line.

A side story...once I got back to the dock I noticed my smaller trailer bunk had come off the back left side - all but one bolt was hanging on. I left the boat and sent to Steve's Bait shop just down the street. The gentleman who runs it was able to provide me with bolts and saved the day. Now I need to find replacement bunks to replace the old worn / rotted wood ones

Here is the program I ran:
- 53/21 line, 72-75 FoW
- #1 Dipsey's on the 3 setting, 200-215 back (I only run 2 rods when I am alone)
- Average speed from 2.2-2.7 - waves made it hard to maintain a steady speed
- Trolled zig zag pattern North, Northeast
- Stinger spoons Peal Trout and Rainbow Trout did all the work

Waves were a big rough compared to NOAA report. Be careful and overly cautious this time of year.

Lot's of guys I know are going out to this area and limiting in 1-2 hours with nice size fish.

Good luck and be safe!