Fishing with Tim 9/29/18 Fishing with Tim 9/29/18 Fishing with Tim 9/29/18 Fishing with Tim 9/29/18

Default Fishing with Tim 9/29/18

"Yesterday" (because I'm writing this a day late), I had one of my regular customers, Tim McGlothlin, out for a morning of perch fishing. He normally comes with his brother, Matt, but he had to stay behind for a soccer game. He coaches his daughter's team at school, so he missed out.

We stopped at Rickard's for some minnows and were surprised to find that they had the elusive Emerald Shiners in...finally! Yay! We stopped off at Big Bopper's for breakfast, before heading back to the west end of town to launch out of White Caps on the Portage River.

The winds were a little gusty out of the NW in the morning stirring up the lake with 1-3' waves, but was forecast to settle down as the day went on...which it did, by the way.

We hit the green can at Catawba first, but there were few marks and the water was a bit dirty, so we didn't stay there long. Next, we headed up to the west side of the islands, to where I was last Sunday and moved around until the Helix showed me some good marks, that looked "Perchy". We set up on them using the Ulterra's Spot-Lock and went to work.

It wasn't long before we picked up the first one and then it was a steady bite...not too fast and not too slow. I think by the time we finally found them it took about 2 hours to get our 60 in the cooler. The bite was sometimes aggressive, and sometimes it was so light that you never even felt it.

It was a relaxing day with no pressure...Tim just likes to be on the water and doesn't even care if we catch any fish at all. But, of course, it's way more fun when we do!

We headed in, took the fish to Port Clinton Fish Co. to be cleaned and went downtown for some lunch. It was a perfect day in my book, and a good day to end the season out of this 2018 Ranger.

The 2019 Ranger will be here sometime in November, and hopefully, I didn't just jinx us by getting it early...causing us to have an early winter! That would be just my luck though..lol We shall see.

It's been a great season, and I would like to thank all my customers for a wonderful year, and for all the fun memories. I hope to see many of you again next season too!

I would also like to thank all my terrific sponsors for their continued support, because without them I couldn't do what I love to do!

Vic's Sports Center
    Ranger Boats
    Evinrude Motors
    Minn Kota and Humminbird
    Off Shore Tackle
    EZEEStep
    Costa Sunglasses
    World Wide Marine Insurance

Thank you all!!

I am now taking reservations for the 2019 fishing season, so don't hesitate to reserve your fishing adventures today!

So, until November....

Stay tuned...
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Tim 9/29/18-tim-mcglothlin-9_29_18img_2747-jpg Fishing with Tim 9/29/18-tim-mcglothlin-9_29_18img_2749-jpg Fishing with Tim 9/29/18-tim-mcglothlin-9_29_18img_2751-jpg Fishing with Tim 9/29/18-tim-mcglothlin-9_29_18img_2752-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Fantastic report as usual! Kinda bummed out that your season is wrapped up, sure do look forward to reading your posts and blog. At least when I can't be out fishing, it's fun reading about your success. Thanks again for your posts, and your help when myself and others have asked for a direction to start. Good luck with the new ride!

Quote Originally Posted by Whopper View Post
    Fantastic report as usual! Kinda bummed out that your season is wrapped up, sure do look forward to reading your posts and blog. At least when I can't be out fishing, it's fun reading about your success. Thanks again for your posts, and your help when myself and others have asked for a direction to start. Good luck with the new ride!
    X2 on everything he said. to many people don't post there success. I cant be there but I really enjoy reading about the catch on erie.

Thanks for all your detailed posts Juls. You do a great job.

Thank you Captain Juls for all your thorough reports. You make it possible for others to learn from your success which I think is rare.

I noticed your screenshot of the perch marks on your Hbird. I have an Hbird 5 years old but mine doesn't get the mix of greens and blues in that yours does. It makes it easier to see the bigger fish on your screen. Is that a special setting you are using? Mine is an 899CI HD.

Also, are you keeping the G2? How do you like it? I'm thinking of upgrading my 2001.

Thank you,
    Rickerd

Quote Originally Posted by rickerd View Post
    Thank you Captain Juls for all your thorough reports. You make it possible for others to learn from your success which I think is rare.

I noticed your screenshot of the perch marks on your Hbird. I have an Hbird 5 years old but mine doesn't get the mix of greens and blues in that yours does. It makes it easier to see the bigger fish on your screen. Is that a special setting you are using? Mine is an 899CI HD.

Also, are you keeping the G2? How do you like it? I'm thinking of upgrading my 2001.

Thank you,
    Rickerd
    Does your unit have CHIRP? I'm using the Helix 12 CHIRP Mega Imaging SI G2N...I pretty much just use the factory settings, so I'm sure it's just the difference in units and their age. There's been a lot of advancement in the past 5 years with the Humminbird products.

Yes, I am going to be running the G2 again. I love them. Great hole shot, mid-range torque, and decent top end speed (which we don't get to use very often on Erie). I am more concerned with the power to get up a wave easily than I am with top end speed, and the Evinrude delivers in that regard. My top end with this last 300 G2 was 53mph, with 4 people and a full boat of gear. The Ranger 621 FS is rated for a 350, but Evinrude doesn't have a 350.
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by PatSea View Post
    Thanks for all your detailed posts Juls. You do a great job.
    Thank you! And, thank you for taking the time to read them.
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Whopper View Post
    Thank you, and you're welcome...

Good news though... My new Ranger wasn't scheduled to go into production until 11/9/18, but I got an email two days ago that said it had started the production process, so hopefully, I'll have it by Halloween and can get back on the water for the rest of the open water season.

But, with my luck....getting it early might just mean that we will have ice by Halloween. Ha!
    [email protected]

Jules don't say that, I need to get out in Nov to finally get fish in my own freezer
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters