Geneva state park 9/5 Geneva state park 9/5 Geneva state park 9/5 Geneva state park 9/5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Geneva state park 9/5

First I'd like to say thank you to Dr. Ed for his reports and for replying to my post last year about launch ramps out east. My dad and I left my house at 6:30 and headed to Geneva for the first time. We launched about 8 and went north to 70 fow and put the lines out. We ran four dipsys, two in the front on 1 setting 95 back and two off the back on 2.5 setting 135 back with spoons 2.3-2.5mph. Caught 13 by 10:00 released a skinny 16" and one big white bass. Fish were 18-23" and chunky. The lake was beautiful and the ramps were very nice. I'll be back!

Quote Originally Posted by Cleveland Eyes View Post
    First I'd like to say thank you to Dr. Ed for his reports and for replying to my post last year about launch ramps out east. My dad and I left my house at 6:30 and headed to Geneva for the first time. We launched about 8 and went north to 70 fow and put the lines out. We ran four dipsys, two in the front on 1 setting 95 back and two off the back on 2.5 setting 135 back with spoons 2.3-2.5mph. Caught 13 by 10:00 released a skinny 16" and one big white bass. Fish were 18-23" and chunky. The lake was beautiful and the ramps were very nice. I'll be back!
    Thank you for your kind words. Did you know you can park your boat next to the park entrance for about a dollar a day. Beats hauling it back and forth. Limits every trip before noon now going north to 72 FOW dragging Stinger spoons off Dipseys 100' to 200'+ at 1.8 mph.

just want to add a big kudos to dr ed for helping so many guys like you and me catch fish at Geneva. his reports are always dead on be it good or bad. thanks dr ed for all the help you've given me.

Quote Originally Posted by sherman51 View Post
    just want to add a big kudos to dr ed for helping so many guys like you and me catch fish at Geneva. his reports are always dead on be it good or bad. thanks dr ed for all the help you've given me.
    Hey, Sherman, when are you going fishing out of Geneva again? Hope you're not finished for the season! Hard to say what will happen with this weather approaching.
    Polar Kraft Frontier 179 WT
    Yamaha 90 4 stroke
    Suzuki 9.9 EFI
    Minn Kota Terrova iPilot 80# w/ US2
    Lowrance Elite Ti2 9 inch
    Lowrance Elite 5x

yeah im done for this season. I live 350 miles from Geneva and only make 1 or 2 trips to Geneva. this yr we made a week long trip. wont be going back up until the middle of july next yr. thats why people like dr ed is so important to me. I read all the reports and use them to know where to start fishing because I come up pretty much blind except for the reports I've read.

Default Sadness

Quote Originally Posted by sherman51 View Post
    yeah im done for this season. I live 350 miles from Geneva and only make 1 or 2 trips to Geneva. this yr we made a week long trip. wont be going back up until the middle of july next yr. thats why people like dr ed is so important to me. I read all the reports and use them to know where to start fishing because I come up pretty much blind except for the reports I've read.
    Sorry to hear you have wrapped up your season here. There are at least 6 more weeks of good fishing and I keep going until ice over at Conneaut. For now I'm looking at 4 days in a row with fishable water. I will tell the fish you said Hello. ...Be safe...

Ed, do you launch out of Geneva only? I live near Kent, so E 72nd is actually my shortest drive to the lake, but Geneva certainly is my favorite launch area. Was thinking about going up tomorrow, but I stay clear of east winds , and the wave report is looking to build as the day goes along. I sure hope we get at least 6 more weeks of good fishing! I too plan to be out until ice over.
    Polar Kraft Frontier 179 WT
    Yamaha 90 4 stroke
    Suzuki 9.9 EFI
    Minn Kota Terrova iPilot 80# w/ US2
    Lowrance Elite Ti2 9 inch
    Lowrance Elite 5x

We have been fishing NNeast of Geneva in 68-71 feet of water. Trolling spoons at 2.5-2.7 mph using dipsys 135 feet back on 11/2 and 180 feet back on 31/2 setting. Have been doing very well. Have not been out since the big blow a few days ago. Going out in the morning.

Default Hey Dr Ed

Could you or someone else answer a couple dipsey questions?
    We fished out of Avon this year and did really well, then it slowed so we went to Conneaut last weekend a day and only caught like 10, and lost some of those.
    When you guys list the dipsy specs you are running which dipseys are you using? There are 4 dipseys that I know of, one really small one (maybe they don't make anymore), one Medium one, a Large one, and a newer Magnum one.
    Also, when fishing in 70 FOW either at Geneva or Conneaut, and marking fish at 35-55 foot, what depth ranges are you targeting with your dipseys? Are the fish at 50-60 foot actually feeding?
    If you are marking good fish at 40, do you try to put your dipseys at 40 or above like 35?
    Appreciate any replys.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Ed View Post
    Sorry to hear you have wrapped up your season here. There are at least 6 more weeks of good fishing and I keep going until ice over at Conneaut. For now I'm looking at 4 days in a row with fishable water. I will tell the fish you said Hello. ...Be safe...
    I would fish a lot more but all my old fishing buddies have died or moved away. so I fish with my oldest son his wife and there son. both my son and his wife work and don't have the time off work to make more trips. and its just to much on me to come by myself. back in the day we would make a lot more trips per season. I thought about filling some empty seats but I'm 67 yrs old and a 1 day fishing trip is just to much for me to make the trip up. and im on disability income so I don't have a lot of spare money. gas prices are to high for me to bring my rv and boat up alone. if I filled an open seat I would have to drive my car up the day before stay in a motel then fish most of the day then spend another night in a motel then drive back home. just to much money for a chance at 6 fish.