Geneva state park 9/5 Geneva state park 9/5 Geneva state park 9/5 Geneva state park 9/5
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Launching sites

Quote Originally Posted by Mooner View Post
    Ed, do you launch out of Geneva only? I live near Kent, so E 72nd is actually my shortest drive to the lake, but Geneva certainly is my favorite launch area. Was thinking about going up tomorrow, but I stay clear of east winds , and the wave report is looking to build as the day goes along. I sure hope we get at least 6 more weeks of good fishing! I too plan to be out until ice over.
    I start out in the spring at Catawba SP and Mazeriks depending on where the action is best. Mid to late June I move to Geneva and stay there until the trout run heavy at CONNEAUT. I park my boat and trailer for less than a dollar a day at each site. The way the fish are biting lately I may stay at Geneva until October.

Quote Originally Posted by eyecat View Post
    Could you or someone else answer a couple dipsey questions?
    We fished out of Avon this year and did really well, then it slowed so we went to Conneaut last weekend a day and only caught like 10, and lost some of those.
    When you guys list the dipsy specs you are running which dipseys are you using? There are 4 dipseys that I know of, one really small one (maybe they don't make anymore), one Medium one, a Large one, and a newer Magnum one.
    Also, when fishing in 70 FOW either at Geneva or Conneaut, and marking fish at 35-55 foot, what depth ranges are you targeting with your dipseys? Are the fish at 50-60 foot actually feeding?
    If you are marking good fish at 40, do you try to put your dipseys at 40 or above like 35?
    Appreciate any replys.
    I just don't remember the size dipsy used the most on erie but I think it is the size 1 with the ring on it. a better option would be the dreamweaver deeper diver it doesn't use rings. but its the same size as the dipsy with rings.

if the fish are staged 35 to 50 ft I will fish the water column from 50 ft to 35 ft and let the fish tell me where they want it. we was up at Geneva back in july. we was marking fish 30 ft to 50 ft. I put my lite bits diver set on 4.5 out 150 ft then my middle diver set on 3 out 125 ft and my back diver set on 1.5 out 100 ft. I caught fish on all 3 rods. we had 18 fish the 1st 2 hrs and got the next 12 in 2 hrs 45 min.

Quote Originally Posted by sherman51 View Post
    I just don't remember the size dipsy used the most on erie but I think it is the size 1 with the ring on it. a better option would be the dreamweaver deeper diver it doesn't use rings. but its the same size as the dipsy with rings.

if the fish are staged 35 to 50 ft I will fish the water column from 50 ft to 35 ft and let the fish tell me where they want it. we was up at Geneva back in july. we was marking fish 30 ft to 50 ft. I put my lite bits diver set on 4.5 out 150 ft then my middle diver set on 3 out 125 ft and my back diver set on 1.5 out 100 ft. I caught fish on all 3 rods. we had 18 fish the 1st 2 hrs and got the next 12 in 2 hrs 45 min.
    Thanks for your response sherman. Its a little different catching fish at 50 feet.
    Lund 1800 Fisherman
    Honda 150
    Honda 9.9
    Lowrance HDS 7 Gen 2