Haven't fished this area for two weeks so was curious to see how the fishing was. Launched at 8:30am, and south wind was blowing about 15-20mph. Lake looked really calm from shore and as usual, there was not a boat in sight (assume all were way out). I returned to the starting point from previous trips which was an area due north of the ramp at a depth of 50 feet. At that distance from shore, the wind was kicking up a steady 1-3 foot chop with a few 4's thrown in. The wind never let up the whole time I was out there. Marks were not very promising where depth turned 50 feet, so I kept going north looking for a place to start. What was on the screen was hugging the bottom so when I did start fishing, I was using worm harnesses on the bottom. After fishing for 15 minutes and no bites, picked up and moved further north (est. 6-7 miles offshore) and started again. To my dismay, marks were not all that much better and everything was still on the bottom. Slowly, I started catching walleye and by a little after 11pm had 6 fish. Size was better than before (20-21") and after a while, stopped looking at the fish finder because I was catching fish when nothing was on the screen. Caught 2 off planer boards with tadpole and harness at 35feet depth and the rest on 2 and 3 ounce inline weights with harnesses. Aside from a spike and a 16 inch walleye, the 6 keepers were the only fish I caught. No white bass, no white perch and no sheephead. That seemed a bit odd for this area because you always seem to catch some junk fish. Then came the dreaded part of the trip - heading straight into the waves (slowly) in a 16 foot boat to return to the ramp. Took 45 minutes to make it back but all in all, a good day.