Fishing Day 2 with Tony and Aidan Sargent 8/5/18 Fishing Day 2 with Tony and Aidan Sargent 8/5/18 Fishing Day 2 with Tony and Aidan Sargent 8/5/18 Fishing Day 2 with Tony and Aidan Sargent 8/5/18

Default Fishing Day 2 with Tony and Aidan Sargent 8/5/18

This morning, I had the same crew as yesterday, so Tony, Aidan, and I launched out of Mazurik's at 7am to go perch'n.

We headed NNW at a nice cruising speed of 40mph, until the Helix lit up with good marks that looked "perchy" on or near the bottom. Staying north of all the other boats, I deployed the Ulterra and put it on "Spot-Lock" to hold our position over the fish.

After setting Tony and Aidan up with some ultralight rods, rigged up with some crappie rigs I made, I showed them how I like to hook the minnows, and explained how I like to fish for them.

Aidan was the first to drop his bait down and immediately caught the first yellow perch of the morning. It wasn't long before Tony caught one too, and it was game on. We caught our 90 perch in 2 1/2 hours, and headed in, so we didn't have to get stuck at the ramp waiting...or, having them have to wait hours here in town while they wait to get their fish cleaned.

We made it back to the launch, and loaded out in quick time, since it wasn't that crowded yet. I drove the fish over to Bay's Edge for them, while they followed in their vehicle, so they didn't have to get their cooler all slimy before driving back to Cincinnati. Bay's Edge was a little busy, but it was only going to take them an hour to finish their fish, so I gave them directions to the "Tin Goose" diner over by the airport. Aidan was promised an ice cream, but "The Brown Dog" gelato place I had recommended first, was closed, so I told them the diner has good cheeseburgers, fries, and milkshakes....he was all for that. So, I sent them on their way, and I headed home.

I'll be back out tomorrow with Steve and Jeremy Chapman, and we'll be chasing both walleye and perch, which means I'll be launching out of Mazurik's again. Thankfully, it's a Monday, so I don't expect the launch to be busy at all! Woot! Woot! That makes me happy...

Stay tuned...

Capt Juls
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing Day 2 with Tony and Aidan Sargent 8/5/18-tony-aidan-sargent-8_5_18img_1966-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Tony and Aidan Sargent 8/5/18-tony-aidan-sargent-8_5_18img_1967-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Tony and Aidan Sargent 8/5/18-tony-aidan-sargent-8_5_18img_1970-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Tony and Aidan Sargent 8/5/18-tony-aidan-sargent-8_5_18img_1983-jpg Fishing Day 2 with Tony and Aidan Sargent 8/5/18-tony-aidan-sargent-8_5_18img_1984-jpg 
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters