Trolling help Trolling help Trolling help Trolling help

Thread: Trolling help

Default Trolling help

I am new to walleye trolling with spoons. This weekend i was in 45 feet of water.i ran jets off the back 115 back to get to about 40 feet deep. I hear about guys putting them 180 back. How do you determine how far back? Thanks.

There are depth carts for them that will tell you exactly how much line to let out for your desired depth. Also precision trolling app will give you everything you need. There are many different types of jets with different dive curves so you can't just go by what others are running without knowing what jets they have. The old style jets take way more line to achieve the desired depth then the new one. Hope this helps!

Thank you. I am running tru trip 40 at 2.4 to 2.8 mph with spoons. I thought maybe They are just running farther back to get farther away from the boat?

Also you need to determine what depth your trying to achieve. If your in 45 fow and marking fish at 25 fow the you need to set your jets above the fish so in the 20'-22' range. Always better to be above the fish then below them. I usually set around 4' above my marks to start and adjust from there. Hope that helps!