Michigan Walleye w California Girls Michigan Walleye w California Girls Michigan Walleye w California Girls Michigan Walleye w California Girls

Default Michigan Walleye w California Girls

I have my fish crazy sister Lorie from California back home for a couple weeks so we hit the walleye on Thursday afternoon. I took the boat to work with me, worked my 8, then met her and Stef at Luna Pier Harbor club at 1:20. I know the perch are hot but she wanted to battle with some eyes so we loaded up on crawlers and hit the lake. Going a few miles East out from Luna Pier we hit the same area I loaded up on walleye last week in 20 FOW. Stef got quick tutorial on boat control and Lorie and I started setting lines. Using our big boards, we had a good spread of harnesses and a few spoons out pretty quickly and our 1st wally hit the cooler in no time. The action was pretty steady throughout the afternoon with a lot of white bass, white perch and walleye and 2 small sheephead. Most of the bites were on harnesses fished 25-40' back on jet divers, but we did pick a few up on spoons on dipseys. Color didn't matter much.
    Before long it was 6:15 and we only needed 1 more walleye to have our 18 fish limit. 20-30 minutes go by and no walleye. Then bang! Finally our last walleye...but it was a half in short. That was our 1st short of the day!. Another 30 minutes go by with more white bass being caught and then a catfish!. We never did get our last walleye but we gave 'er hell trying and had a great day.
    We will be going after the yellow bellies next week for sure!

Nice report, living in San Diego for 10 years I know they appreciated the time on the lake, sounds like you all had a lot of fun.