Trutrips Trutrips Trutrips Trutrips
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trutrips

Default Trutrips

Just curious but been running 40 tru-trips and wandering if I can run them on offshore boards. Need to get out further. Doing fine running four rods but would like to get them spread out. Had a couple tangles today but nothing major. Still a pain. Have heard some just go to 30 trips but I would like to run what I've got. Appreciate any info. Good luck all, tear em up! Be safe!

30s do work better off inline boards but some do run 40s off them. I would add a couple dipseys before I ran the 40s on the offshores personally. The dipsey bite has been hot this year with spoons. 2 dipsys and 2 jets straight out the back or you can run up to 3 dipseys per side if you want pretty easy. The dipsey will give you a spread to help prevent tangles. Hope this helps!

Thanks a lot for the info walleyerunner. Much appreciated!

Any particular size I should be investing in walleyerunner when it comes to the dipseys?

I run 40tt behind my offshore boards. Look at how the new board have dropped the screw eye where the tattle flag goes in if you do this to yours it will help the boards pull harder as ND not lag behind especially on turn's a few years ago I first did this but wasn't using the tattle flags, I has the screw eye in the thin rear side down low. But I had a hard time reading all the shorts, the new location with the new flags will allow you to run 40tt with the flags still working. I have to adjust the sprung tension tighter in waves to keep the flag from dropping everyone the board rolls over the waves. But the extra pressure means short or whit perch become tougher to read. I like to try to keep at least 30 ft between my boards.
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters

I use size 1 dipseys. I have some of the smaller ones also if the fish are skidish and I want to let more line out. Sometimes I run the mini dipsey out each corner to get them away from the boat but mostly run 2 jets with 1 out each corner and 2 dipseys on each side set at 1 1/2-2 and 3 or 3 1/2 on the other rod. You can run 6 pretty easy that way without many tangles if you let them out slowly. Hope this helps!

Thanks for all the info guys, really appreciate it. The only other question I have walleyerunner is , do you have any favorite colors of dipsey and do you use the snubbers and rings on the dipseys?

I use all black dipseys and yes I use a snubber because you must use braid with dipseys. There is no stretch with braid so they help with big fish I believe. Not a must but I always use them.

Black or clear for eyes. Glow in the dark or watermelon for steelies

10. Default

That being said. When I first started fishing dipseys in the early ‘80s I could only buy orange dipseys & they worked!