A tale of feast and famine. Sat morning we were hesitant for what the news was reporting about scattered storms. Drove to Mazurik Access at 12:30 and few boat trailers were there and few boats that we could see by Lakeside and west side of Kellys like there had been in past weeks.
We stopped by Tibbels Marina for worms at 1:00 Sat and the Head boats were not back yet. Talked with the lady in charge, and I asked her where was the bite. She called a captain and he told me to look at his map in the store and he said they were at Mouse, and had been at that area all week with a little variation to Starve Isle and the Miller Ferry Dock. the captain said the vote was real slow on Sat Tibbels are great for giving you info from the their boats who are on the water at that moment. Thank you Tibbels! I left West Harbor and set up a drift about 2 miles East of Mouse. IT did not take long and the action turned on hot. in 55 minutes I had 6 keepers; four about 16" and two 17" fish. Never before in my life have I got a limit so fast. Threw yellow Erie Dearies with the silver french blade, and also a green Hellion with a hammered gold blade. I am not a great fisherman. Sunday proved that I not too good of a walleye guy as set up 7am about 4 miles East of Mouse and kept moving and moving and ended up back at Mouse with the Drawbridge boats but no walleye.
Bruce