Dad and I went out Monday late afternoon. Tried off the lighthouse. They were biting ok. We picked up 4 in 3 hours. Moved up to the SE corner of Kellys. Not as good. Just got one there. Moved over to the buoy at the SW corner and POW! Within 45 minutes we had out limit. Several times we had 3 fish on at once (we often fish with one spinning rod each and a baitcaster just kind of hanging out over the side).

Went back out this morning to the same area. Not quite as fast but had 12 in the boat within 2 1/2 hours.

Both days a bottom bouncer using a hammered gold blade and pink and blue beads seemed best. Also a chartreuse blade was working well. Silver only got us sheephead and white perch. Fish seemed to be concentrated in 23 fow, and tight to the bottom.

Had 3 throwbacks total in 2 days. All close to 15 inches. Most keepers were in the 15.5 to 17 inch range. Had 2 nicer 21" fish Monday as well, and had about a 25" fish up to the boat and he spit the hook. Of course!

Over in the deeper water on the SE corner, the fish finder was showing them suspended, and the one that we did get, as well as a few white perch, were all in about the same 23 foot depth range, about 10-15 feet off the bottom.

Didn't have to cast a bit to limit out 2 days in a row, or break out the trolling gear. Reminds me of the late 80s and early 90s. I even put an erie dearie on but nothing touched it other than one catfish. Which we also kept as I personally LOVE catfish if they are 1 to 2 feet (after that they get muddy).