Don't Give up Don't Give up Don't Give up Don't Give up

Thread: Don't Give up

Thumbs up Don't Give up

Yesterday Scotty (first mate) and I went to my latest hot spot NW of Kelly Island and trolled for over 2 hours without a bite in spite of tons of marks. Just before noon a heavy fog rolled in so to add to the tension we headed toward American Eagle Shoal looking for charters and head boats. After zigging our way through the traffic we found them south of the shoal and soon after setting up we started pulling fish. Metallic Bandits 45' to 70' behind the Opti boards at 1.8 mph. For variety we also succeeded with Nascar Stinger spoons 15' back from the downrigger balls 3' off the bottom. Same speed. It was great to see 12 fish in the cooler but the highlight of the day was an 11 lb. channel catfish taken 54' back on a blue and chrome Bandit. Why 54 feet? Well, I graduated from Avon Lake High School in 1954 so you can see I have been doing this for quite a while. Started on walleye and blue pike with my dad in 1950 off Avon Point.
    Tomorrow is my birthday so you know where I will be: Mazurik ramp and somewhere north and west. Ch.68

Good job on the fish and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Doc!
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Happy Birthday Doc.............

Gene