Same as the rest with one exception.... Same as the rest with one exception.... Same as the rest with one exception.... Same as the rest with one exception....

Default Same as the rest with one exception....

Terrible Friday, enough said. Roughed it out Saturday after chasing all the boats out to the western side of Kelley's. Fished a couple of hours with one bite. But it was a dandy! A new boat record for me and a beautiful first fish for a kid. A custom bandit, regal shad, 65 back caught the fish. I had to break it to the kid that they all weren't this size as it proved out the rest of the day. We went back to the west side of Catawbe and trolled in out of the boats crowd of boats offering up a buffet. 50/50 cranks vs harnesses. I went to smaller less aggressive cranks and keep them close to the bottom as I could. The harnesses were trolled with down riggers with balls just off the bottom. Dominate color was purple and gold came in second. Rapala's Shad Rap Regal Shad once again was the easy winner (my favorite lure!) Ended the day with 12 nice keepers, a handful of throw back eyes and a bunch of white bass to keep us hopping. Fun was had by all :-) Same as the rest with one exception....-img_5038-jpg

Thanks for the report nice walleye

Did you break it to the kid that the boat caught the fish?

Beautiful walleye. Makes me want to get the boat out. Fantastic fishing report, thanks.

The look on his face says it all. This is what it's all about! Not how many fish you caught or how fast you caught them. Just curious how big was that fish? very nice fish. Great report.

It only takes 1 fish like that to hook some e for the rest of their life.......and some ppl have fished 10 or 20 years and never gotten one that big yet.

Awesome loved seeing this, glad you had a pic to share and keep the memory yourself
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters