Everything has changed.  At least for the short term. Everything has changed.  At least for the short term. Everything has changed.  At least for the short term. Everything has changed.  At least for the short term.

Default Everything has changed. At least for the short term.

After quick limits Wednesday morning and Thursday afternoon, went out this morning with three cousins.

Drift Wednesday and Thursday was slow purple blades on the bottom near and north of Scott Point Shoal.

Today, muddy near Scott Point Shoal. Tried it anyways. Reasonable marks no bites.

Moved to West of NW corner of Kelley's. Water was much clearer. Marks were great, lots of boats. Nobody catching anything. Managed one drifting myself working the swing low with a GOLD blade. Nothing after switching everyone to gold.

Rigged to troll, 3 bandits, 2 worm harnesses and 3 spoons behind 40 TT. managed 4 more in 4+ hours. 3 on bandits and one cross threaded on a worm harness.

According to the radio, nobody doing well and most doing very poorly.

Plan to try it again tomorrow as wells take perch poles and shiners.

Any advice, feedback or sympathy is appreciated.

Right there with ya, limited Mon - Thursday, just 7 today. Tomorrow is last day of fish camp need to finish strong!

ran to the border by middle island Saturday AM no fish lots of boats there didn't see one net go down ended up running back to fish out front my marina by clinton reef had only 1 fish at 1pm ended the day at 330 with 13 casting gold weapons made a big gas mistake by not stopping out front in AM. Sunday i did not fish lots of boats were in the same area only farther out

That NE blow on Friday changed things this weekend.Muddied the water and put the fish in a negative mood to bite.We went out late and had info that fish were biting in muddy water on spoons.I figured that if biting spoons I should have no problem catching on worm harness.....wrong.Two hours in with no fish, I switched to TT30 and spoons and started catching.Also put out one dipsey and caught a few of the bigger fish on that.We ended up with 12 eaters on Sunday.Biggest maybe 3lbs.Visibility was probably 18" and fished in 21-27fow.Charter gave me location so not going to disclose his spot.By the way,when I called him 2hrs into our day,he was back at the dock with his 36 fish limit.Think the turbulence from dipsey,TruTrip helps in the dirty water attract the fish.Was initially using tadpoles and harnesses.Had to use the TT30 because the TT40 pull too hard for my inline boards.

After struggling all Sunday morning and running east, then west, 7 of us hit mouse reef at 3pm with just 7 fish. One final try worked out. They turned on, we had fish on constantly and got 36. Wish we had a bit more time to get our last 6.Everything has changed.  At least for the short term.-ca97e301-5ed4-436d-a3ee-c5ad40605d6c-jpg

2 of my crew.
    JBD's Regina Marie (Johnny Big Dawg)
    The Regina Marie: 2008 340 Sea Ray with Sportsman Package
    Twin 8.1L Inboards, Autopilot
    Rocket Launchers, Cisco Rod Holders, Scotty Downriggers
    Raymarine w/ Navionics, Radar, Rear TV to duplicate display or watch the game
    Sirius radio usually jamming Margaritaville

Quote Originally Posted by JBD's Regina Marie View Post
    After struggling all Sunday morning and running east, then west, 7 of us hit mouse reef at 3pm with just 7 fish. One final try worked out. They turned on, we had fish on constantly and got 36. Wish we had a bit more time to get our last 6.Everything has changed.  At least for the short term.-ca97e301-5ed4-436d-a3ee-c5ad40605d6c-jpg

2 of my crew.
    What were you pulling? Spoons behind TT 40s ?

When they turned on everything was firing bandits, spoons behind 30 tt’s, Dipseys with spoons. Downriggers did very little. Purple stinger chartreuse Back was best.
    JBD's Regina Marie (Johnny Big Dawg)
    The Regina Marie: 2008 340 Sea Ray with Sportsman Package
    Twin 8.1L Inboards, Autopilot
    Rocket Launchers, Cisco Rod Holders, Scotty Downriggers
    Raymarine w/ Navionics, Radar, Rear TV to duplicate display or watch the game
    Sirius radio usually jamming Margaritaville