Perch Perch Perch Perch

Thread: Perch

Default Perch

Anyone have a suggestion on where I could find some perch to catch this weekend West of the Islands.

Default Perch

Quote Originally Posted by 5285 View Post
    Anyone have a suggestion on where I could find some perch to catch this weekend West of the Islands.
    The silence is deafening. I know the captains have been picking up a couple 1 mile out of the mouth of the portage river the past few days casting weapons for Eyes. Nice Size Perch . We also found a group of them last year west of rattlesnake in May on a Combo trip.
    Caught 24 eyes and 110 perch.

Default Perch

Quote Originally Posted by HillbillyEye View Post
    The silence is deafening. I know the captains have been picking up a couple 1 mile out of the mouth of the portage river the past few days casting weapons for Eyes. Nice Size Perch . We also found a group of them last year west of rattlesnake in May on a Combo trip.
    Caught 24 eyes and 110 perch.
    We just left Kelly’s island we fished twice for perch, out by gull shole in fifty feet of water. There was a head boat there twice also and they did very well we kept close to 200 jumbos!!!! We only fished for them twice !! Wish I knew how to post a pic tho. Good luck most of the came on spikes and a few on salted shiners

Thank you very much for your responses. I will try all those spots this weekend and report back what I find.

What are spikes?
    JBD's Regina Marie (Johnny Big Dawg)
    The Regina Marie: 2008 340 Sea Ray with Sportsman Package
    Twin 8.1L Inboards, Autopilot
    Rocket Launchers, Cisco Rod Holders, Scotty Downriggers
    Raymarine w/ Navionics, Radar, Rear TV to duplicate display or watch the game
    Sirius radio usually jamming Margaritaville

There are like a wax worm but tougher They sell them in Michigan and on the net ! But if you get them keep them very COLD!! They stay on the hook great you can get five fish plus per baiting your hooks . About four or five on a hook is great. Up here and down there we use Perch pounders there great!! Ya can find them on line also!! Tight lines good luck!! DonVL

Thank you. You do better with those than live shiners?

I always Fish both live or salted we can’t get shimmer in mi in the summer so I get them in the winter and salt them and they work just fine but spikes are very hard to beat