Yellow bird board issues Yellow bird board issues Yellow bird board issues Yellow bird board issues

Default Yellow bird board issues

Bought a set of yellow bird boards with tattle flags. Probably 1st. mistake of newbie troller , messing around with them tonight with a piece of string to figure out how they attach to the line. Front clip holds string real good don't see a problem here. But as far as I can tell the rear clip that comes with the board is a total piece of s#%=t!! I can't get it to hold line at all. I assume I have to up grade this clip if I want to use the tattle flag. Question: why would a company that claims to be the best put this crap in the package? Anyone have any helpful info?

Gerry D, I use Offshore Boards, never had a problem. Visit Offshore's website and purchase clips separately that work on your yellow bird boards. It will salvage your investment.
    I personally have reduced my learning curve by paying attention to the tackle Charter people use. I figure they are depending on quality and durability to make a living.
    Many pictures posted by Charter captains show their equipment. I've even asked several, they are more than happy to help.
    Don't be discouraged, purchase clips that can be adapted to Yellow bird. We all have been pinched by a bad purchase once in a while.
    Good luck, and be safe Gerry!
    Lund 1875 Sport Tyee
    Mercury Pro XS 150 4/stroke
    9.9 Pro Mercury kicker
    IPilot Ulterra 112
    Vessel View 703; Lowrance HD

I fell in the same trap, now I have 12 of them and keep replacing clips and the float piece as they get water logged. Definitely suggest you cut your losses before buying more like I did. I added OR18 clips, but they still suck. I concur off shore or walleye boards
    JBD's Regina Marie (Johnny Big Dawg)
    The Regina Marie: 2008 340 Sea Ray with Sportsman Package
    Twin 8.1L Inboards, Autopilot
    Rocket Launchers, Cisco Rod Holders, Scotty Downriggers
    Raymarine w/ Navionics, Radar, Rear TV to duplicate display or watch the game
    Sirius radio usually jamming Margaritaville

Not personal familiar with these boards and clips, are you able to wrap the line around the rear clip once or twice to get it hold till you figure what clips you want to use.

I have off shore locking clips on my rear and still have to wrap them no matter how tight u adjust it too. Have had them so tight can't hardly close or open then. My power pro slides right through. But just one wrap around and it slips no more.
    First mate for Eyehunter Charters

Eyehunter Charters
    614-327-7144
    http://www.eyehuntercharters.com
    http://www.facebook.com/EyehunterCharters