march trip march trip march trip march trip
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: march trip

walli'd Guest

Default march trip

had a trip planned for march 26 - 30. we are comming from 8 hours away. do you think the fish and weather will cooperate, or should we cancel out and reschedule for later date? going to stay and put in at wild wings marina. is there still ice in the marinas? thanks for any advice.

brian1973 Guest

I also have planned a trip to erie for the 26th to the 30th. I will have about a 5 to 5 1/2 hour drive .Im holding out the ice is melting...Im ready to yell fish on !!!!

Rod Bender Guest

Default March Trip

Gentlemen, If your looking for a good time frame for a hot walleye bite on or around the reefs, it would be of my opinoin to try and make your trip the 2nd or 3rd week of April in lieu of the last week of March. Historically, (the past 30years) you can set your clock by it. When the water temp hits 40 degrees, game on.. Bring your purple haired jigs.........

Rod Bender

fishrwork Guest

Smile

i agree. mid april. catch fish till you think your arm will fall off. wild wings is an excellent marina. good luck

Rod Bender Guest

Default March Trip

Wild Wings is a good marina. Turtle Creek Marina, just 1/2 mile west of Wild Wings has nice facilities, warm showers, camp ground, cleaning stations, nice shop, friendly ownership and reasonable rates.

Rod Bender

Jeffca24 Guest

Default Boat lLaunches

Do any of you guys know of any free/public boat launches in the same area of wild wings.

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

Listen to what Rodbender told you.Mid April is normally HOT.Hey Rodbender if you are the same guy from OGF Welcome!!

Water Fox Guest

Default Facilities

Listen to Rod Bender Turtle Creek has nice facilities.I have kept a boat there for years.It is right in the middle of everything.I caught alot of fish last year off of Crane Creek camped on them till for along time....Good Luck.

ERIE REBEL1 Guest

Hey WATERFOX if that is the name of your boatI have seen it many times since the campgrounds is also my favorite place to launch.Great people great facility.

walleye king Guest

Default march trip

better wait till april still ice water temp in river 40 degrees need 50 51