The best choice for Blades The best choice for Blades The best choice for Blades The best choice for Blades

Default The best choice for Blades

I know there are multiple choices of blades available. When I see ready made spinners in a store or bait shop, it seems like only a few different types are used. Among all these choices of the Indiana, Colorado, Hatchet, Chopper, boomerang, and Willow and whatever else, what should I be using? Would it be too big of a question to ask about a few color choices that everyone recommends as well?
    Thanks,
    Bruce

We troll and cast a lot with worm harnesses.When I'm casting almost exclusively using gold Colorado #4 with a extra lip on the end to give it more water disruption when we retrieve.When trolling we use harnesses I make.The harness is 6 ft long with quick change clevis to put whatever blade we want.Typically my go to harness is a #5 Colorado that is purple on front and copper on the back.The other harness will have twin willow in antifreeze color.My beads will have combination of orange,pink and chartreuse.Can change blades easily if want another color and my diver is a #2 tadpoles.Hooks are #1 gamagatsu on front and treble or #2 gamagatsu trailer hook,

Default Blades

I use mostly size 5 or 6 Colorado and size 4 willows for jannsnetcraft.com from the Pro Eyes colors. I experimented and made some with the Dutch Fork and some from one crazy guy from badmolures.com ya gotta check them out. All from Jann's.
    Use the plastic quick change clevis. I had to get some regular metal clevis's for the Dutch Fork and Bad Mo because of the sizes.
    Colors are plentiful, I like the Purple Demon with the pink back, Walleye Candy with copper, and Blueberry Muffin with chartreuse,
    any perch/fire tiger patterns. Backs (bellies) copper, silver, and pink and chartreuse. I make'm 6 ft. also, ready for you jet or
    dipsy.

Gene

Default one thing I might add

[QUOTE=BtweenShots;63458]I use mostly size 5 or 6 Colorado and size 4 willows for jannsnetcraft.com from the Pro Eyes colors. I experimented and made some with the Dutch Fork and some from one crazy guy from badmolures.com ya gotta check them out. All from Jann's.
    Use the plastic quick change clevis. I had to get some regular metal clevis's for the Dutch Fork and Bad Mo because of the sizes.
    Colors are plentiful, I like the Purple Demon with the pink back, Walleye Candy with copper, and Blueberry Muffin with chartreuse,
    any perch/fire tiger patterns. Backs (bellies) copper, silver, and pink and chartreuse. I make'm 6 ft. also, ready for you jet or
    dipsy.

if you are trolling harnesses with weights on boards its advisable to not go anything past a 3-4ft snell apparatus, they will be scrapping bottom on the zebras, its all about speed to control your presentation. Juls put me on to a perfect colorado blade 6 purple crusher with a copper belly combo a few years ago, I'll run a full monty on those with an assortment of beads, primarily chartreuse and clear pink, its usually limit up time when the water gets a bit warmer in May/June.