Fishing with Scott, Dominic, and Larry 4/2/18 Fishing with Scott, Dominic, and Larry 4/2/18 Fishing with Scott, Dominic, and Larry 4/2/18 Fishing with Scott, Dominic, and Larry 4/2/18

Default Fishing with Scott, Dominic, and Larry 4/2/18

Day 3...

Picked my crew up at
    7am and hit Mazurik's and launched by 7:20. Again, we headed north to start the morning. Waves were 2' or less with a north wind around 10mph. It was chillier than the day before with an air temp of only 29 degrees. However, the skies were clear, so it wouldn't take long for the sun to warm it up.

We ran the same program as the day before. 4 Bandits were run on one side, and P-10's on the other side. The P-10's run 30/30 and 40/40 with a 1oz snap weight were more productive for us
    over all, but the first fish of the morning came on a Domka Outdoors custom color Bandit called, "Anger Management".

Dominic, who is 15 years old, wanted a 30" fish on this
    trip, and was rewarded when the first fish of the day was a 30" 10.5 pound piggy. He was excited to finally catch one. That one is going to be mounted, along with the other big fish from the previous days, since Grandpa Larry is an award winning taxidermist.

We made a few passes up
    north, and caught two limits there. When the bite slowed for us, I decided to move back south where I had marked some fish on the Helix on the way up. There was some muddy water, mixing water, and cleaner water in the area. The fish marks were plentiful in the dirtier water, and we picked off enough to finish with a 4 person limit there. There were definitely marks of big fish on the screen, but we only managed to entice the eater size walleye to eat our offerings there.

After discussing the weather for Tuesday and Wednesday, they decided they would head back to South Dakota early.

The next group is coming in from
    Iowa, and is scheduled for Thursday through Saturday. It looks like Thursday will be a go, unless something changes, and Saturday too, but Friday's weather dictates a "no go" for us. This will be another two boat deal with Capt Kevin Swartz.
    In early spring, it's not unusual for groups to schedule several days knowing that they might not get all the days in. April's weather is always so unpredictable...ugh. It's the only month I wish I had a big boat with a nice warm cabin to fish out of. lol

Anyway, it was a fun
    three day adventure with Scott, Dominic, and Larry. They had a great time, and worked the Off Shore boards like they had been fishing with inline planer boards for a long time. Scott said the only experience he had with them in the past was watching how it was done on someone else's boat. I couldn't have been more pleased with how fast they picked it up, and how easy it made my job. Woot! Woot!

So, until Thursday

Stay tuned
    Attached Images Attached Images Fishing with Scott, Dominic, and Larry 4/2/18-scott_dominic_-larry-4_2_18img_0696-jpg 
    Last edited by Capt Juls; 04-03-2018 at 07:56 AM.
    Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Great report as usual there Captain. That looks to be an Anger Management hanging from the jowls of that toad. Keep up the good work.

great report juls. thanks to people like you it gives guys like me something to think about. love reading your posts. my 1st walleye ever came on a little local lake while crappie fishing with minnows through the ice. it was 29 1/2" at 9 1/2 lbs. thats when i started fishing for eyes. took me many yrs before i broke that magic 30" mark. my largest now is 32" caught from the central basin. I've been walleye fishing since the winter of 81. been fishing erie since the mid 80's. not sure what yr we moved our fishing to the central basin. but it has been several yrs.

Quote Originally Posted by Whopper View Post
    Great report as usual there Captain. That looks to be an Anger Management hanging from the jowls of that toad. Keep up the good work.
    Thank you for the info...I was too tired to go look at Domka's site and look it up. Call me lazy...
    [email protected]

Great report as usual and good to see the fishing improving.Chomping at the bit to get out there and see that first board go back.Wanted to get that custom color Bandit that you use a lot.Called "huff daddy".Where would I get that lure and or,can you provide a picture.Do they sell that color at Bays Edge?

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Great report as usual and good to see the fishing improving.Chomping at the bit to get out there and see that first board go back.Wanted to get that custom color Bandit that you use a lot.Called "huff daddy".Where would I get that lure and or,can you provide a picture.Do they sell that color at Bays Edge?
    https://domkaoutdoors.com/collection...uffdaddybandit
    [email protected]

Thanks Juls.Plan to order it.Have seen that it is a favorite of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by itsbob View Post
    Thanks Juls.Plan to order it.Have seen that it is a favorite of yours.
    FWIW, is one of my favorites.
    ; ) ; )

While on crank colors.We don't fish in the coldest times on Erie,so do not use the perfect ten cranks.I have a couple,including a mavin color,but have never used them yet.Want to get a few good colors.Question to Juls or anyone else,what stock or custom color P10 is your favorite?