Pirate Clipper - 3/29/18 Report Pirate Clipper - 3/29/18 Report Pirate Clipper - 3/29/18 Report Pirate Clipper - 3/29/18 Report

Default Pirate Clipper - 3/29/18 Report

Hard Work Pays Off
    Bar. - 29.84" | Winds - NNE9mph^ | Waves - 2-3's | Water Temp - 39.0° | Water Clarity - Heavy Stain

With only two sponsors that booked the boat, I hoped for 8 easy fish, then enough for me to eat dinner! I took a few extra people so we could run 6 rods each side. We started just above Mouse Is. and to the west a bit, good marks but only 2 takers. Picked up and ran towards D Can. Stopped short at E Can because of the marks. Took 6 of the bigger fish out there.

Everything came on Bandits, 75-80-85' back. Orange/Chartreuse dominated. Pooh Bear Chartreuse, IB Nameless, Marvin were good.

Speed: 1.1 kts
    Leads: 75' - 85'
    Direction: I only caught trolling into the waves...never could figure it out the other direction.
    FOW: 28'-32'

(Copied from my website, links and pictures there....)

ALSO - I kinda let the cat out of the bag the other day......not realizing that I had posted a picture of a 'test' bait of DJ's, created by Ivan Brown. It was good Saturday, and very good again yesterday! Since it hadn't been named yet, I called it IB Nameless - and it stuck. Word travels fast, I think he already has orders for about 60 or so.... I was surprised, because it's not a color pattern that I would have chosen, but I can tell you the WALLEYE are choosing it!

We've rescheduled Saturday's trip due to wind forecast.... I have Monday and Thursday available next week if anyone is looking for a private charter!

Good luck out there! Thanks again for your support!
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    37' Tollycraft "Pirate Clipper"
    www.eriecharter.com
    Lake Erie Fishing Charters
    Lake Erie Walleye Charters
    Lake Erie Charter Fishing

Nice work Captain Eric!

Sounds like that new bait should be called IB Catching!

When you click on the links at the bottom of your reports on your website they don't work?

What platform are you using? I've heard from a few people trying to see it on an iPhone that it wouldn't work.... but it works if they enable cookies.

BEST SOLUTION YET - install Google Chrome for iPhone...

Thanks for letting me know....I can't test it across every platform out there, so the feedback is GREATLY APPRECIATED !!!
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    www.eriecharter.com

Default Getting links to open

I also use an iPhone and found that if I hold my finger on the link (vs tap) and then choose “open in new tab” that the map links open up. Might also work for you...Thanks Capt. Eric for sharing these reports! DJ just turned me on to them. Hoping for first trip on Sat!

Thanks for the iPhone tip! See you out there Saturday!
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    www.eriecharter.com

Quote Originally Posted by Capt Eric View Post
    Hard Work Pays Off
    Bar. - 29.84" | Winds - NNE9mph^ | Waves - 2-3's | Water Temp - 39.0° | Water Clarity - Heavy Stain

With only two sponsors that booked the boat, I hoped for 8 easy fish, then enough for me to eat dinner! I took a few extra people so we could run 6 rods each side. We started just above Mouse Is. and to the west a bit, good marks but only 2 takers. Picked up and ran towards D Can. Stopped short at E Can because of the marks. Took 6 of the bigger fish out there.

Everything came on Bandits, 75-80-85' back. Orange/Chartreuse dominated. Pooh Bear Chartreuse, IB Nameless, Marvin were good.

Speed: 1.1 kts
    Leads: 75' - 85'
    Direction: I only caught trolling into the waves...never could figure it out the other direction.
    FOW: 28'-32'

(Copied from my website, links and pictures there....)

ALSO - I kinda let the cat out of the bag the other day......not realizing that I had posted a picture of a 'test' bait of DJ's, created by Ivan Brown. It was good Saturday, and very good again yesterday! Since it hadn't been named yet, I called it IB Nameless - and it stuck. Word travels fast, I think he already has orders for about 60 or so.... I was surprised, because it's not a color pattern that I would have chosen, but I can tell you the WALLEYE are choosing it!

We've rescheduled Saturday's trip due to wind forecast.... I have Monday and Thursday available next week if anyone is looking for a private charter!

Good luck out there! Thanks again for your support!
    Thanks Great report one question are you running shallow or deep Bandits

Those were Deep Bandits...
    Capt. Eric Litton
    614-679-2616
    www.eriecharter.com