question for the guys that pull dipsy and jets with cranks question for the guys that pull dipsy and jets with cranks question for the guys that pull dipsy and jets with cranks question for the guys that pull dipsy and jets with cranks

Default question for the guys that pull dipsy and jets with cranks

if i am pulling dipsy and jets with cranks behind them, do the cranks need to be shallow diving? like a shallow bandit or a flicker minnow? i just can't seem to get my inline boards to pull right and having a lot of difficulty with the tattle tail system. trying to figure out other methods. any advice would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

I use just 30 tt jets with spoons on one side and that even pulls the flag down. I just look for board to be out of line in combination with more tension on the rod. I put deep diver bandit behind a 1 oz snap weight. 100 back then the weight and another 60 to the board has been my best lead. I'm going to try some 2oz tomorrow with shorter leads.
    JBD's Regina Marie (Johnny Big Dawg)
    The Regina Marie: 2008 340 Sea Ray with Sportsman Package
    Twin 8.1L Inboards, Autopilot
    Rocket Launchers, Cisco Rod Holders, Scotty Downriggers
    Raymarine w/ Navionics, Radar, Rear TV to duplicate display or watch the game
    Sirius radio usually jamming Margaritaville

We run 40tt behind our offshore and still use the tattle flag. Just get the new flags for 3 bucks each, more tension settings on the spring. And lower the rear eye the flag's pull arm passes through. The board runs flatter and pulls harder.

Quote Originally Posted by branhamautomotive View Post
    We run 40tt behind our offshore and still use the tattle flag. Just get the new flags for 3 bucks each, more tension settings on the spring. And lower the rear eye the flag's pull arm passes through. The board runs flatter and pulls harder.

about how far down the back edge do you run the eye? i believe i have mine set up to run pretty parallel to the top of the board. what do you usually pull behind the jets? just spoons and harnesses?

thanks for the help

question for the guys that pull dipsy and jets with cranks-2c23f8fa-f510-4c00-a4db-c530a5e89c77-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Reel_Deal View Post
    about how far down the back edge do you run the eye? i believe i have mine set up to run pretty parallel to the top of the board. what do you usually pull behind the jets? just spoons and harnesses?

thanks for the help
    Hopefully the picture I tried to attach shows up, it shows the new location for the tow arm. Also if you are running hard pulling divers you can dremel out the partition in front of the ballast weight and then slide the weight forward. Just drill an additional hole in the board to accommodate the screw in the forward position. The picture shows the weight in the forward position.
    Last edited by Gradyfish; 09-30-2017 at 03:54 PM. Reason: Forgot something

Our tow point is about the same.....I also opened up the weight slot, but did not need to move it forward. That little price of plastic was a lot harder to remove than I first thought it would be.

I pull bandits in the spring......was able to run then just as the boards came, but behind the 40 tt you could pull whatever you wanted, spoons, harness, flickers, bombers, p10s, j7/9.