Mentor Walleye Mentor Walleye Mentor Walleye Mentor Walleye

Thread: Mentor Walleye

Default Mentor Walleye

Day after day of good walleye 2 miles north of the Lagoons in Mentor. 45 - 50 feet of water. Night crawlers on harnesses behind Jets 130 back. Pink colors as well as orange seem to be the best but no real pattern on color. Speed at 2.0. Not much junk fish and still a few shorts but overall at 30 fish limits in 5 hours in late August will always be considered awesome in my book. Biggest 3 over 8 pounds, most over 20 inches and 5-6 that just made the cut.

Thanks for the sharing the report chuckie! 3 fish over 8 lbs is awesome!

I posted a few weeks ago about having luck NW of Fairport Harbor in about 55-60 FOW - probably close to where you were. Lots of guys I fish with are catching daily limits on harnesses and spoons North of the lagoons. I plan to head out Sunday if the weather cooperates, hopefully more to report after that.

Thanks for the reports Chuckie and teamcambier. I was wondering if either of you have any recent updates or information? Think the walleye are migrating westward? I am planning a trip up there tomorrow and was hoping to see some Central Basin reports, but those are consistently far and few between, unfortunately.

Thanks in advance if you see this.

Sorry - havent been on in a while - Caught 10 walleye in 60' north of Lagoons Wednesday evening. Tried Perch with no luck also on the hump (east side)

Spoons and crawlers - all fish at 50 foot except 1 at 40.

We actually tried Wednesday morning north of lagoon. Picked up 1 or 2 in about 50fow, but got our limit in 68-70fow. Spoons and bandits, but color didn't seem to matter. Was back at dock before 1. Two 4-pounders, a 3, and the rest were all smaller. No throwbacks and only only junk.

Sunday in the same feet of water was limits also. Dipseys/Board lines 4 0z weights....No specific color but speed was 2.3. Bandits and Spoons