no posts no posts no posts no posts

Thread: no posts

Default no posts

just curious as to why no one really posts here in the central forum. there is quite a bit of action going on out of huron and lorain and i never see any. i know i'm calling the kettle black here but i've only been out of each place once so far this year. is there just not a lot of fishing going on or is everyone just keeping to their selves. i will post a report from last sunday here later tonight.

Yeah, this site just doesn't get the traffic as that other site. I check this one and like I said that "other site" daily during the season but not much action here. I've been a member for about 4 or 5 years now and if you ask a question usually someone will answer but low traffic.
    20' Sea Ray

well we r the ones to change this!!!!!!!!been decent fish out of north east spoons behind dipseys harnesses behind dipseys 8 colors of lead renoskies 50to60fow alittle west to straight out good luck keep um tangle free

Just wondering what size spoons you are using? We have been having good luck with just bottom bouncer and harnesses but would like to run something different to try to find some of the larger fish. Thanks

Tend to use #5 Colorado or willows. I'm assuming you're asking about the blades on the harnesses? I haven't run spoons yet this year.

Thanks Reedeal, but I was referring to spoon size. We usually run double willows but I see some guys referring to larger spoons. I occasionally run 2 1/4" scorpions but haven't tried the 3 1/2" spoons except for salmon. Thought the larger spoons might attract larger fish instead of so many drinks.

I fished out of Conneaut Sunday in 68 to 71 FOW pulling Michigan Stinger spoons behind size #0 dipseys. We were using both the small and medium size spoons, both performing very well, but the small spoons did take more fish. I had 2 dipseys on a #3 setting 145' back and the other 2 on a #1 setting 105' back. Speed was 1.9-2.2 and we got our 2 person limit in just under 4 hours. Most of the fish we had in the box were in the 19-22" range and I regretted putting two 16" fish in the box at the end of the day when we only needed one fish but ended up with a triple and they were all right around 20"

I fished out of Ashtabula on Sunday 7/9. 68-71 FOW as well. We boated 64 fish with 14 keepers including a 28", a couple 24" and the rest were between 16" and 19". Kevorkian stinger spoons and Rainbow Trout Renosky on dipsys and true trips took most of the fish. Leads varied, but the bigger fish were hugging the bottom.

Bullship
    Thanks for the report.
    I hope the weather/wind holds for Sunday.
    We will be out of Conneaut.