Day 3 Fishing with my South Dakota Crew 4/13/17 Day 3 Fishing with my South Dakota Crew 4/13/17 Day 3 Fishing with my South Dakota Crew 4/13/17 Day 3 Fishing with my South Dakota Crew 4/13/17

Default Day 3 Fishing with my South Dakota Crew 4/13/17

This morning, Bill, "Eryn", and Louie met me at Catawba at 6:30am, and we launched by 6:45.

We didn't go far, due to the east wind, and opted to try the can area today. We ventured to the NE side of F and G cans, and set a course towards the SE of G.

We ran 4 Deep Husky Jerk(12"s) and 4 Badits. The DHJs were run on the two outside Off Shore boards on each side, and the Bandits ran off the two inside boards on each side. DHJ's were 20 and 30 back on the port side and 35 and 45 on the starboard. The Bandits on the port side were 25 and 35 back, while the starboard side went 45 and 55....speed was anywhere from 1-3 to 1.7 mph.

After the first pass, I asked Bill if he wanted to go back in, because he was green, green, green in the gills, and not doing well (too much fun the night before...lol something about a bottle of "Fire Ball"...wink wink).

While running back up to make another pass from F can back down to G, I looked over at Bill, who was sitting beside me in the passenger seat, and asked him, "Would you like me to take you in? You can take a day off." He didn't hesitate and said, "Yes!" So, we made a short detour to the launch, and dropped him off. I think he made a very wise decision....very wise. Been there and done that...and, it sucks!

After "Eryn", Louie, and I dropped Bill off, we headed off to go fishing again.
    We would end the 6 hour trip with 5 fish in the live well, (the largest only going 25 inches), one white bass, and one throw back. Two boards had pulled back, but the fish came unbuttoned before we even got the board close enough to take off.

Colors that worked for us today in the Bandits were the stock color: Khaki (of course), blue chrome, and Natural Perch. The Domka Outdoors color called, "Huff Daddy Chrome" also caught fish. The huskies caught one, but I don't know the name of the color. It's a custom color and looks like a dark hot pink with black tiger stripes down it's back.

We were off the water by 1pm, which gave me time to get my chores done, so that felt good to get a little caught up. My friend, Scott, came down to go fishing with co workers, and to pick up his Ranger that he lent me for the month of March, while mine was being built. (Thanks again Scotty!). So, he and his two dogs are staying with us.

We are watching the winds for tomorrow, and I'll ask what Capt Kevin, and Capt Chuck, want to do about tomorrow's trip. They are forecast to go more NE tomorrow, so it will be little rougher than it was today. Today's waves were 1-3's building to 2-4's. I suspect tomorrow's waves will be closer to 3-5s if the forecast doesn't change.

So...Stay Tuned....

Capt Juls

Captain Julia "Juls" Davis
    [email protected]
    www.julswalleyefishingadventures.com
    https://www.facebook.com/JulsWFA?ref=br_rs
    Specializing in 1-3 person walleye and perch charters

Nice job!, looks like I picked the wrong weekend to come out.. got on the water at catawba around 3 had 1 short, and a channel cat, on humble bee, 60 back 1.3 . Pulled RR and husky jerks nothing. Maybe I'll get to see you at the launch tomorrow and introduce myself, if not good luck.