Went out of catawba yesterday Went out of catawba yesterday Went out of catawba yesterday Went out of catawba yesterday
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Great report! Sounds like that may be a day you and the grandsons talk about for a lifetime!

Best report I've read in two years! Congrats on the great day & thanks for the story!

great story teach them young i think it will be a great year to teach the grand kids to fish with the small walleye reaching legal size. with the weather on sunday i drove out to metzgers pier the parking lot was full say 10 - 15 trailers in parking lot sat and watched few boats come in look to be walleye fishing seen the nets sticking up and jigs on poles. boats were straight out a mile or 2 nice little pack for February dont know how they did watched a few head back to meinke west. lots of pier fishermen they did not seem to be catching any thing on pier lots of fishermen on the marsh side fishing in the marsh boats in there and people fishing off the rocks last year they were getting big small mouth and large mouth and northern pike. wards canal has work being done i think they are putting a pump in there to fill the channels for the new park that park is going to be awesome with kayaks and canoe rentals opens 2017 with grand opening in spring of 2018. they already have ponds dug and got water in them over all its going to be a great year for fishing in the area last year was a great year for perch in close to shore from the pier down to little cedar point we fished 12- 20 ft of water and caught some nice fish we went no deeper then 20 ft all year filled up the freezers and saved on gas hopefully them walleye and perch stay there all year i cant wait good luck to all

Awesome Trip, Must be a VERY PROUD Grandpa. Lasting impression.

Awesome story pappyon. That's where we found them last year. About a mile south of West Sister, but it sure wasn't in February. Hope they hang around until I can get my inboard/out board in the water. I now understand of having an outboard.