Razor's Big Dog Walleye Tournament Razor's Big Dog Walleye Tournament Razor's Big Dog Walleye Tournament Razor's Big Dog Walleye Tournament

Default Razor's Big Dog Walleye Tournament

Does anybody have results?
    It was a fun time. Did anyone else fish this weekend? Well here is a little of my experience with the tournament. We woke up Saturday to a weather statement which said that there would be Small Craft Warnings posted at 11:00 am. The tournament was slated to begin at 6:00. After a captains meeting AT 5:30 AM. Issues were brought up and after a vote the word was to " fish" . Oh boy here we go. We left the harbor and were welcomed to 3/4 footers. We went west for about an hour, past Brocton. We started setting up. My crew was doing some fancy footwork trying to stay in the boat until they got their sea legs. As we were setting up - here comes the wind and rain, not just a sprinkle but a downpour. Ok that was over. Here we are all wet. We trolled east and picked up two using big boards and harnesses. The waves building at this time. We continued east until we hit the stacks and decided to pull in everything and go west for another troll. So we bounced back west. Stopped and starting setting up. I heard " Oh Sh#T ". I don't like oh sh#t's. I looked down here is a hook in my partners upper leg. After a few maneuvers we cut the metal wire. One hook freed the other fell out of his leg. That was a blessing. Then the lines on the masts got tangled. Here I go up the the mast hanging on by what I could. Ok, Got that fixed. Went to lower the trolling motor. Nope that don't work. Now I'm hanging out of the back of the boat in 5 footers feeling for separated wires. Nope, I find one but not the other. We were moving 1.9 to 2.6 with the wind and waves pushing us. We fished for about another hour. 12:30 - ok lets head in. There were at least 7 / 8 footers and building. Many other boats had many sea sick victims.
    Sunday morning- heavy North winds. Many boats were having a hard time leaving their berths. They were doing circles in the harbor. Nope were not going in this. Tournament over for us. Breakfast was pretty good at the hotel.
    Current flotation devices:
    2101 Seaswirl Striper
    Kawasaki jet ski
    Old Town Kayaks
    Wind Surfer
    Constructed prams

Default Rob Ray Tournament

Quote Originally Posted by captainjoe View Post
    Does anybody have results?
    It was a fun time. Did anyone else fish this weekend? Well here is a little of my experience with the tournament. We woke up Saturday to a weather statement which said that there would be Small Craft Warnings posted at 11:00 am. The tournament was slated to begin at 6:00. After a captains meeting AT 5:30 AM. Issues were brought up and after a vote the word was to " fish" . Oh boy here we go. We left the harbor and were welcomed to 3/4 footers. We went west for about an hour, past Brocton. We started setting up. My crew was doing some fancy footwork trying to stay in the boat until they got their sea legs. As we were setting up - here comes the wind and rain, not just a sprinkle but a downpour. Ok that was over. Here we are all wet. We trolled east and picked up two using big boards and harnesses. The waves building at this time. We continued east until we hit the stacks and decided to pull in everything and go west for another troll. So we bounced back west. Stopped and starting setting up. I heard " Oh Sh#T ". I don't like oh sh#t's. I looked down here is a hook in my partners upper leg. After a few maneuvers we cut the metal wire. One hook freed the other fell out of his leg. That was a blessing. Then the lines on the masts got tangled. Here I go up the the mast hanging on by what I could. Ok, Got that fixed. Went to lower the trolling motor. Nope that don't work. Now I'm hanging out of the back of the boat in 5 footers feeling for separated wires. Nope, I find one but not the other. We were moving 1.9 to 2.6 with the wind and waves pushing us. We fished for about another hour. 12:30 - ok lets head in. There were at least 7 / 8 footers and building. Many other boats had many sea sick victims.
    Sunday morning- heavy North winds. Many boats were having a hard time leaving their berths. They were doing circles in the harbor. Nope were not going in this. Tournament over for us. Breakfast was pretty good at the hotel.

Gman won it

I fished it with out team , evil eyes, we finished 8th overall and 3rd for big fish on second day 9lb...I have a pic of results on my phone , just don't know how to post them

Sorry for the late reply.. But first time logging in for a while.

We fished the tourney, drove in from Ohio for it. Not sure where we placed overall, but tied for 3rd big fish on Saturday with 8.18lb- it was fun netting that in 7 footers.

Boat handled the waves like a champ, but called it when we took one over the transom. It was fun surfing the waves back in though!

Overall fun time, going to try to make a few more tourneys next year on that end (buffalo native and still hunt/fish with guys there- Fish Killer, Jim I've known since I was born)