Things are getting better Things are getting better Things are getting better Things are getting better

Default Things are getting better

Things are getting better!!!!

Caught some jigging this morning. Then trolling later. Had a double to end the day... two 9# plus fish. Was wild fighting the wind and big waves, two boards go almost under at one time. First fish sticks the bait hard in the net. Was fun on my own - got the blood going, and made the trip everything I was hoping for. One more day, and feel I should have another good day!!!! Both fish 80' back on husky jerks, 30' water.

Thanks all for helping make this possible!

What type of husky jerks? Are they the down deep 10 or 12s and were you adding any weight or a diver?

deep 12's, no weight. Seemed as day went on and wind picked up, radio chatter was all talking about a little longer leads. Makes sense if ya think about it. Firetiger yellow was my best, purple also picked some up. I think depth and speed are mostly making the difference from what i am learning.... as a newbie

Good deal cycleguy, that's Lake Erie for ya

Good Luck today!

That is Awesome CycleGuy. Very Happy that you got it going yesterday. Best of Luck today!!!
    Dave(snothere)
    2352 Trophy Hardtop WA
    Channel Grove Marina
    Sammy the Lucky Golden

Thanks cycleguy! As I am also new to this I appreciate any help I can get. Heading to Kelley's tonight after work. Anyone getting them in that area?

Good job! Sounds like you're getting it figured out. How big is your boat and how big did the waves feel to you? I'll be fighting them this weekend in my little boat. Looks like the weather pattern isn't going to change through Sunday.

I was in a 17' Lund Fisherman. Pretty well set up, but a real pain in the rear getting out that far. Slow, wet ride. Once out, I use the kicker, and bow mount to help control it as I work with the waves at some angle or directly. That day, kicker was more for boat control than speed. I had to run the main motor in gear (off) to add a little drag. It was a terrible mess controlling it and dealing with the double… but wide open exciting.

This all said, went out this am… back was sore, and wasn't into the long ride against the waves again. Ended up pulling the plug to head home a little early.

Challenging couple days with weather…. great learning, and sure do have big open eyes for this monster water.

Good luck all!

cycle guy you fished in some tough conditions by yourself and still managed to catch some fish, well done.