Jig or troll Jig or troll Jig or troll Jig or troll

Thread: Jig or troll

Default Jig or troll

Hey guys. Been hearing that the weather is trying stay half way decent this upcoming weekend and i plan on making the trip to Turtle Creek (I'm from southern Ohio) and was wondering what would be the best bait. Trolling cranks or jigging minnows. I was thinking to fish around and in the cans by the reefs. Would anyone else recommended pulling the boat to the islands or is there enough fish action around the reefs and firing range? Trying to get all the information I can before I make the trip up there. Iv heard to bring my dhj's and bandit lures.

At the moment the Shoreline is pretty muddy but they have been catching some fish on the reefs farther out. Both trolling and jigging should be heating up again with the stable weather forecasted this week. If you troll let me know and I will tell you what our program is and location. Jim

trolling is what i think I am going to do. I have a few deep bandit lures, husky jerks and reef runners.

I have never fished this early in the year, which is why i am asking so many questions. I appreciate all the information i can get.

Heading over tomorrow, meeting up with some guys from NY, our plan is to jig for dinner and troll for the memories...

Capt Jim / anyone - be curious for any info on trolling once the water settles down some. Right now our plan is to troll the outer reefs with Bandits and P10's, prob slow, 1.1 - 1.4 Someone mentioned crawler harnesses - water seems a bit cold based on previous reports - has anyone used them with success? I'll probably bring them "just in case"

Good luck all - here we go!!

Heading over tomorrow, meeting up with some guys from NY, our plan is to jig for dinner and troll for the memories...

Capt Jim / anyone - be curious for any info on trolling once the water settles down some. Right now our plan is to troll the outer reefs with Bandits and P10's, prob slow, 1.1 - 1.4 Someone mentioned crawler harnesses - water seems a bit cold based on previous reports - has anyone used them with success? I'll probably bring them "just in case"

Good luck all - here we go!!

What depth are folks typically trolling their plastic lures at? I'm used to fishing Saginaw Bay where we are usually use bottom bouncers and target the fish near the bottom. What depth are people finding them at in April?

12 and 18 foot in 30 foot of water