kloecker kloecker kloecker kloecker

Thread: kloecker

Default wind

Thanks for all the info everyone puts on the site! This next week will be the second time fishing the Port Clinton area. I know the cans area for trolling pretty well, and a few of the reefs for jigging. Any ideas on when the wind blows strong from the North Northwest for trolling when you can't get to the cans area. Is there any luck trolling on the east side of Catawba? or east of Kellys island or the Bass islands. Normally we put in at Catawba state park area but if it is pretty windy from the North Northwest we could go to Mazuriks. Still learning the area and looking for some ideas to get out of the wind when it is from that direction and waves too big. We have a Ranger 620(21ft) but you know how the waves get. Any info greatly appreciated. Kevin
    Last edited by kloecker; 03-31-2016 at 06:10 PM.

Fish have already been caught east of South bass. Maybe not In the numbers of the reef but plenty of fish from east harbor beach to lucys point. Find a little pocket and work them hard. Good luck.

thanks so much for the info, everyone is so helpful and friendly. I wish a few more of you could be out here in South Dakota , most things are so hush hush. But at Port Clinton area people are more than willing to share. We look forward to the weeks worth of fishing at Port Clinton! I wish I could come out more often, the 14 hour drive gets a little long but the fishing is outstanding and people great! thanks again skipper, you guys are so professional and courteous . Kevin

The last two years we have caught some of our best fish east of South Bass, not big numbers but some really nice fish during post spawn.
    Good Luck!

thanks everyone, we are leaving in a bit on our 14 hour trip to Port Clinton, I will keep checking in, I guess we will just adjust to the weather and figure it out each day, any more advice will be an added bonus! Kevin

It may be a bit early, especially with such a long drive, but I am catching fish every trip. Most of them are big prespawn females so I most often release them. If I were you and your schedule is flexible, I'd wait until the water temp is up another 5 degrees or so. Slow troll (0.8 - 1.2mph) with Bandits and Perfect 10's 30' to 60' off the boards. Good luck to you and welcome to Ohio!