Hi everyone,

Thanks to the admin for allowing me to become a member of this great site and thanks to everyone for posting some great information. My father, brother and I are planning our annual guys fishing trip this year to Lake Erie and it will be our first time, so we are pretty excited!! (that is an understatement)

Being that my home water is Lake Winnebago, I am hoping to use some common techniques from here and apply them to Erie. We are planning on running two planner boards off each side with varying depths, and two bottom bouncers off the back corners to have all depths covered. I am not worried so much about the techniques as I am location. Erie is huge and this will be our first time. Kind of intimidating to say the least.

I was hoping that someone would be kind enough to help steer us in the right direction. I am not looking for exact coordinates by any means, just an overall idea. We are staying in Sandusky from April 12th thru the 15th. I'm not even sure which launch we will go out of yet, but we are open to suggestions. We have an 18 feet deep-v with a 115 Merc. so I am hoping that we will get around easily depending on the weather of course.

Our game plan is to start walleye fishing, hopefully catch a few good fish, than turn to crappie, smallmouth and catfish.

Thanks again for all the reports and I look forward to posting some good news as well about our trip!!

Tight lines!!!
Spencer