wondering how the ice is? wondering how the ice is? wondering how the ice is? wondering how the ice is?

Default wondering how the ice is?

thinkin of coming up this weekend wondering if anyone has been out crane or cataba?

Went outta crane yesterday. Caught four between two of us in the four hours we were there. Ice travel was fine. Some slush and water but didn't get close to stuck.

Nobody is getting close to stuck. Yet? Was out 8.8 miles yesterday & my buddy along with eyedoctor were out today again 8.8 miles. As previously posted the temps are not as much the enemy as the wind, but? Cracks are starting due to weight of water on top of ice. Rain is forcasted for tomorrow afternoon ,evening, and slight Saturday morning. Cracks are not the problem. They are small and you can throttle over them. The leap of faith comes at shoves with 20 yard wide puddles? Is there a crack there??? I have ice fished Lake Erie 25 years, drive an atv, and I don't recommend anyone trying it with a bike. A snowmobile? Maybe? But I would not know. Everyone limited early. But Jig season is 3 weeks away. I'm done & can't say yest I let all the piggies go by choice. 18-21" for my table. Plus I was on the floe in 2009. 16 miles to get off through standing water. Guess everyone deserves a lesson.

I went out of crane creek yesterday. Travel was not a problem with my atv finding fish was. Top 4-5" of ice was starting to crystalize.