good or bad ice locations are in order good or bad ice locations are in order good or bad ice locations are in order good or bad ice locations are in order
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default good or bad ice locations are in order

I think its safe to say the season is coming to a close. ice will be deteriorating rapidly soon. I'm sure like my self the weekend warrior would like to see some post on this to determine if they want to make the trip outor call it quits for this year. I myself am hoping for two more weekends although this looks like it will be the for safety sake I think it's a good idea for some of us that venture out to post their findings. be safe in your travels thanks to all that participate

I think this weekend may be it for opportunities. If we get the weather next week, the guessers are predicting, it's going to be a mess out there, the following weekend. Be safe fellas.

I hope it holds up. Dad and I will be up this weekend

So, is there any information on the current ice conditions?? I'm more concerned about what the wind may have done than the temps.

I'm making an 800 mile round trip from WI and would hate to get there and not be able to get out.

So any ice condition information would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

I'll be out there myself but we're on short strokes. After this weekend I'm heading over to PIB. Might get another 10 days or so. The ice is good over there, walleyes have showed up & the beer is cold at Tippers. I bucket fished there last year in bibs on St. Pat's Day (Mar 17). Hot bite. Might get lucky again.

I'll be going out myself the Saturday and Sundaymade it out last year till March 14th hoping for the same this year.question what is PIb and Bessiehave never thought to ask anyone and would like to know thank you

I'll ask the same ?... what is PIB? You guys think the ice will be good out from Magee through next Wednesday? Looks warm, but wind is suppose to stay down after the weekend.

I'm a new guy, but I would guess that PIB is Put in Bay.

I'm heading over to PC (Port Clinton) later today for a 3 dayer.

I'm making the trip from south of Milwaukee Sunday to fish Monday - Wed, maybe Thur is if ice is good.
    All new to me as well! I think I will be going out between Magee and Wild Wings to the north of PC. Thanks for the reply.

Good luck!! Post how travel and such is as possible.

PIB is Put in Bay / Bessie is the nuclear power plant close to camp perry.

Guys ice isn't going to be the problem next week, traveling on it is going to be the problem. There is 2 feet of frozen and compacted snow on top of the ice. When it's cold you drive on top of it with no problems. When it starts to warm up this weekend that frozen snow will quickly turn to slush. Quad travel will be pretty much impossible. Sleds will get a few more days, but the slush takes it's toll on them as well. If you are planning to make a long drive next week you might want to have a back up plan ( airboat guide ).