Hogs Hogs Hogs Hogs
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hogs

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs down Hogs

Hey guys the last time i was out was sunday and caught 4 ,,,, 3 of them were in the 4-6lbs range other was in in the 10lbs-12lbs range.... All together ive been out 7 times and got my limit 4 out of the 7... This years been kinda slow they arent hitting like they did last, just barley hitting it.... Most of my luck was on a gold hammered and green cleo, yes gold and not silver it had two green stripes on each side rather then just one side green.... Finally just wondering why fishing has been so slow this year for most,,,,,,,,,,, And whats the latest report, thanks (Also i have been going out at my buddies place over in the Catawba area 4-6 miles out)

Post Thanks / Like

Default fishing is slow

Usually when I hear guys say fishing is slow they are talking about their "usual hot spots". The walleye are there and will bite somewhere you just have to be willing to move to find them. There are tons of factors that determine fish location ( bait fish, current, traffic on the ice, etc ). I agree that the fish seem to be in smaller schools this year and more spread out, but they are there. There have been many times that 30 yds meant the difference between hammering them and not catching a fish so don't be afraid to make small moves along with the big ones. It looks like we are going to be fishing in March so I would expect to start seeing bigger schools soon.

For us this year the bite has been light for the most part as well. That's where a flasher makes a world of difference. If you are marking fish but aren't catching them you know to change bait size or presentation. I have caught a lot on Rapalas that I only lifted a few inches and then lowered it rather than dropping it back down. They were probably hitting it when I was dropping it, but spitting it before I felt the strike.

It sounds like you have done pretty good this year. I know what you mean though. I'm dying for one of those 50 fish days.