Perch activity Perch activity Perch activity Perch activity

Thread: Perch activity

Default Perch activity

I know perch are in the walleye diet. When you get into perch is it safe to say walleye are not far behind? I always hear luna pier being the perch area so why are the walleye not found there as often as the islands? Or am I off base?

Quote Originally Posted by eyesallright View Post
    I know perch are in the walleye diet. When you get into perch is it safe to say walleye are not far behind? I always hear luna pier being the perch area so why are the walleye not found there as often as the islands? Or am I off base?
    The eyes are gathering in concentration making ready for their annual spawn which will begin a short time after ice out. That is why the area around the reefs and Islands are loaded with walleyes at this time. They spawn on the reefs and adjoining lake floor. They stay close to their spawning area as it gets closer to the magic time and temp for the party to begin.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Thanks alot. I can remember perch fishing in the summer, when the bite slowwed sometimes someone would pull up a walleye on perch rig. That is the reason I asked. Pre spawn staging makes sense. Do light conditions affect walleye depth in the winter? Snow cover or cloudy days