headed out 2-16 & 17 headed out 2-16 & 17 headed out 2-16 & 17 headed out 2-16 & 17
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default headed out 2-16 & 17

Going out 16 & 17 if anyone wants to share info. Waiting to see what wind does before I decide where. Text me at 614-208-7113.

Have to say I'm a little concerned that we are headed for a disaster on the ice. After reading a lot of posts about going out in strong winds and seeing a lot of fisherman too close to mouse we have the makings for a really bad day. We all complained about the sheriff a few years ago bashing the ice fisherman ( myself included ). Now we have guys thinking about going out in 40 mph winds ????? Lets not prove him right by making bad decisions. I want to be out there as much as anyone, but we all know there are risks involved. When we see conditions are elevating the risk level stay at home and live to fish another day. I personally have never fished around mouse or gotten anywhere near it. Not from personal experience but because guys who have fished up there all of their life say the current changes the ice very quickly there. That's enough for me ! I have seen what the wind does to cracks. We all have. Strong winds coupled with cold temps that could quickly form skim ice on open water and snow to hide it is a really bad situation.

I was jig fishing this past spring when they were searching for the 4 lost fisherman. Should have been a great day, we pounded the fish. Unfortunately all I could think of was the families that just had their lives turned upside down.

Post Thanks / Like

Of all the places to fish, Mouse Island would be the very, very last place on my list. Strong currents, unstable ice. No fish is worth dying for.