flashers flashers flashers flashers
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: flashers

Default flashers

Hi gang. I know someone here has the answer....What would be a good flasher in the $4=500 range. Thanks in advance!
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

I've used several and I have never felt under gunned with the plain old Vexilar FL-8.
    LIFE'S TOO SHORT TO PUT A PRICE ON FUN!!!

Default Marcum 5.6 Dual Cone

I didn't have a lot of flasher experience so I went with a Marcum 5.6 8/20 dual cone and have been very happy with it. It's an LCD screen and it's easy as top is top and bottom is bottom. I also wanted something easy that my young nephew and others with me could read easily. They run for $350 on sale.

Another vote for the FL-8se . Pick one up from Reedssportinggoods.com for like 279.99 shipped free. Buddies have the 18 and 20s but dont catch anymore fish then I do . 100.00 extra for zoom . No thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeerieguy View Post
    Another vote for the FL-8se . Pick one up from Reedssportinggoods.com for like 279.99 shipped free. Buddies have the 18 and 20s but dont catch anymore fish then I do . 100.00 extra for zoom . No thanks
    Lakeerieguy, first off ur probably just a better fishman than him. lol. Let me ask tho, do you think it might be easier to see your presentation? With the zoom, I mean.

P.S. I've ordered from Reeds before nice people.

Quote Originally Posted by Eye Doctor View Post
    I've used several and I have never felt under gunned with the plain old Vexilar FL-8.
    Eye Doctor, I like your confidence in the 8, that's 2 votes for the 8. I have heard they were the bomb, just wonder about the zoom. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Eye Doctor View Post
    Eye Doctor, I like your confidence in the 8, that's 2 votes for the 8. I have heard they were the bomb, just wonder about the zoom. Your thoughts?

Well of course I am lol. To me I cant see it any better with the zoom on his then on the FL-8 . Just turn up the gain and it gets as big as you want it . lol. Plus with the zoom, I get confused with suspended fish . To me the simpler the better .

I have an Ice 35 Humminbird. My local store says the quit selling them because so many went bad. I love it. Dual cone angle, Zoom, BIG bright display. (all for 330 bucks)..anyway, FL8 for ease of operation and proven reliablity. Although, that entry level Marcum seems like a good machine.....