Camp Perry Reports Camp Perry Reports Camp Perry Reports Camp Perry Reports
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Camp Perry Reports

I've went out of Camp Perry 7 times in the last 2 weeks, and from what I've noticed is that the fish seem to be moving. We would catch fish one day, go back to same spot the next day and struggle. The best thing I can say is, if you don't mark a lot of fish in the first hour, you got to make a move. Most guys I've been fishing with are catching their limit in the first 2 hours or last 2 hours of the day. As for lures, it's not like last year yet, where you would tip your bait with 3 large minnows, small lures with one small minnow seems to be working best right now. I think the reason your not seeing many ice reports is that there's no consistency right now and to say where you caught fish at wouldn't matter, cause tomorrows a different day. If your flasher isn't full of marks, your in the wrong place.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the report. We have a small group coming down on the 6th and every piece of information we can gather is a great help to us.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the information. Thinking of heading up about the middle of Feb., middle of the week. Will there be mopre fish and ice by then??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Right on Prkr

Only consistency I've found has been none. Well? Pretty hard to beat a W5 Chrome & Blue Rapala or a 1/6 oz Blue & Silver Cleo. I've been finding them in deeper water. The trick to me is? See the pack and get away from it, but that's a double edge sword. Guess I may have become unsociable but I do better off on my own.

I'll be out as soon as an ATV can go somewhere with digging out every 100 yards. Plan on fishing Thursday thru Sunday.

Good Luck & Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Default gotta move

Jig, I fished Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Thursday most guys limited in 2 hours, went back late Friday afternoon to same spot and didn't mark much, but was too late to move, caught 1. Saturday went way north wasted an hour, moved way south, caught one the first drop, the screen was full all day with white bass marks, but the walleye were mixed in with them. Must have caught at least 30 white bass and 11 walleye....5 shorts. The walleye came early, It was kind of fun catching the white bass most of the afternoon. 5 or 6 guys that we fished with had limited by 11. I should be fishing thurs, fri, and sat this week too. I do agree about the space. Even If I fish with a bunch of buddies, I like to have a good amount of space from the nearest shanty and away from the trail if possible.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ice

Our base camp was taken down yesterday. It was 5.2 out of Catawba & 6.2 out of Camp Perry. Buddy says ice is sketchey last 2 milkes north to camp. Be careful. He also said 4 ATV's were digging out within 200 yards of shore, but what were they thinking. 13" of snow says snowmobiles only for a few days.

Not trying to scare anyone off. Ice is good to west off Catawba and should be good to 4 mile mark off Camp Perry.

They did stop & fish in 23 FOW and got 5 between 2 guys in 1 hour.

Good Luck & Good Fishing

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Jig, this Lucky (hunted in your home deer stand few years back). Last Saturday when crossing a 12" crack with 4 wheeler, the ice broke off (? 3' x 6') right behind the machine. Everything turned out okay but in examining the edge of the ice it may have only been 4" thick. Scared me pretty good.......let me know if you go out Friday, would like to know ice conditions report - plan is to fish Saturday. South wind Saturday but not high. Good luck, always enjoy your reports. Lucky

Post Thanks / Like

Planning to fish out of Camp Perry Sunday through Tuesday. 4 guys in our group heading out with a quad and a Rhino. The guys with the Rhino are anxious about the thickness of the ice. How thick is it out there? Any info on ice/snow conditions is greatly appreciated!

Post Thanks / Like

Default difficulty of 4 wheelers to drive out on lake now.

Some thoughts: With all the snow and slush likely on the ice, I'd suggest talking to somebody in regards to difficulty of such 4 wheelers to drive out there now. Definitely choose snowmobiles if that is an option.

Also, I for one am not returning to fish there this weekend because of poor ice conditions (my personal feeling along with at least a few other fishermen).

Good luck, stay safe.