Great fishing Saturday off Wings Great fishing Saturday off Wings Great fishing Saturday off Wings Great fishing Saturday off Wings
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    TeamDB Guest

Default Great fishing Saturday off Wings

Hope everyone is OK after the big ice break on Saturday. For those that were out probably had a great day before the crack opened up. We had eleven guys on the ice Saturday and pulled 64 fish. Could have caught more but said enough was enough when we got word of the opening in the ice. Green and Gold pimple #5 was by far the best. We had six limits of fish before the cracked even popped. We were off wild wings about six miles. We had eight quads on the ice, six of which made it off before anything happened with full limits. The other two quads remained with the three air boats in our party. I myself and my other captain ran the two machines to the east about six miles were we could cross the crack near camp Perry. We then made it back to wild wings, unloaded, regrouped with the air boats and assisted the others on the lake that were seeking help. I bet there's going to be some good stories over Saturdays adventure.
    What do you think about the so called fines or fees the fisherman that were rescued should have to pay? I think its BS!!! Don't you? Isn't that why we have rescue equipment our tax dollars have bought? Might as well use them.
    Its going to take some time for the ice to reform but that's why we have air boats. It doesn't matter how big that crack is, we can still go fishing.
    Looks like its going to be a warm week, fishing pressure will be down from Catawba to the West of Crane Creek. If you can stand ICE fishing in T-shirts and wading in 4 inches of water you can murder those walleyes, but your going to need an air boat.
    Capt. John
    Last edited by TeamDB; 02-09-2009 at 08:14 PM.