Recent conditions and programs Recent conditions and programs Recent conditions and programs Recent conditions and programs

Default Recent conditions and programs

Good evening! I'm heading up to Port Clinton Friday and going to be getting in around noon. Not heading out on the lake until Saturday, so I'm going to hit the river Friday afternoon. Has anyone got any suggestions on where to start? I'm looking for access points, leader lengths and weights that seem to be hitting lately.

Have a great night and everyone be safe!

Hoytman86, go to maumee tackle.com or maumee bait and tackle river update or something like that and Gary has a daily update of water level, temps. and whats been hot for tails. had his site on favorites so long not sure of the exact .com thing, but one of those will get you there. And it's always new info everyday by 530 am. It's pretty handy. O and he finally did sell the store. geary
    F Troop 9th Cav 1st Air Cav

Just a rough guess based on similar river conditions two weeks ago. We were using 3/8" oz. weight and about a 30-36" leader length. Pinks, greens and chartreuse seemed to be the good colors. i'm going back again Friday morning I believe. It should be good conditions again after this high water spell.

Thanks for the info! I check the Maumee Tackle fishing report every morning, probably not the best idea since I already have a bad case of cabin fever!

We'll be up around noon tomorrow and looking for a good starting point. Good luck to all and BE SAFE.

Fort Meigs, the Towpath, and Bluegrass have all been good lately. 1/2 oz, 3-4' leader, and pink have been working for me. Good luck!!

Try a longer leader, 5 ft. Orange or green head, green tail or berkely Christmas lights. I've been getting 20 minute limits lately. Jerome rd rapids is on fire because nobody has been able to fish there until very recently. Fort meigs next to and along the front of the island is always good when the water is this low. Bluegrass island as well. I'll be taking the boat out by fort meigs in about 30 minutes when I'm off work. Good luck

Well I hope you got a quick limit this afternoon. I was able to spend about 2 1/2 hours on the river this afternoon and I managed to pull one small eye. I fished the westernmost end of Bluegrass Island. The one fish was only around 17" and had been snagged multiple times before, he had marks on his belly and had a fire tiger jig head (not mine) stuck in the left side of his face. I nearly put him back because I was afraid that if a game warden checked my stringer he'd think it was me that snagged him but when I put him back in the water he nearly went belly up so I just stuck him in the cooler.

Not sure the next time I'll be up on the river, but I can see how it could be fun. Everyone I met was friendly and helpful, just wish I'd have seen your report endangered species before I'd gone out, I might have tried one of the spots you suggested. All things considered, it was a beautiful day spent fishing, not working. Can't complain about that!