Worm Harness hooks Worm Harness hooks Worm Harness hooks Worm Harness hooks

Default Worm Harness hooks

Started to tie up harnesses for 2015 season, is there any advantage of using 3 hooks or 1 hook and treble? How many beads do you use between hook and blade? I have been putting six between them.

Default Hooks

Quote Originally Posted by Daddyhags View Post
    Started to tie up harnesses for 2015 season, is there any advantage of using 3 hooks or 1 hook and treble? How many beads do you use between hook and blade? I have been putting six between them.
    I usually tie 2 hooks and when the mayfly hatch is on 1 hook and half a crawler.Just enough beads to keep the blade away from the bait.More little beads fewer large beads.

I like that idea of 1 hook for the mayfly hatch, gonna tie some up and give that a try. Thanks.

Here is one that I tie normally. I will put more pics of bouncer rigs and how the blade should kind of cover the head of the crawler when the blade spins. 5-6 beads but depends on the size of beads. You can buy stacker beads which have 5 beads of going from big to small all in one pc.Worm Harness hooks-0629130935-jpg
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Greg, thanks for pic and info. Have you found that Indiana blades do better than Colorado blades during the hatch? I would like to see a pic of your bouncer rigs. Thanks, Jon

Worm Harness hooks-276-jpgWorm Harness hooks-277-jpgWorm Harness hooks-278-jpgWorm Harness hooks-279-jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Daddyhags View Post
    Greg, thanks for pic and info. Have you found that Indiana blades do better than Colorado blades during the hatch? I would like to see a pic of your bouncer rigs. Thanks, Jon
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

I am more partial to colorado blades than indiana for casting. Some of my BB rigs have a big Indiana for diff times of year. I like #4 colorado gold, deep cup and plain. BB rigs are 2 hook Mustad. Avoid baitholder hooks (with shank barbs) on BB rigs as the barbs will cut the line. Short or long shank are used but size is your choice. One picture shows a size relation for caster hooks etc. 3 and 4 mm beads and it shows the blade covering the hook eye for cast rigs. Single hook, use half worm and try to push the worm head over the hooks eye and keep bait straight on the hook. My cast rigs are 18 inch and BB rigs are 3 to 4 feet. The other type blade spins very easy in a light drift and available in a few diff sizes. They look like a propeller. As far as blades after the mayflies hatch I change colors more and try to fish in areas less prone to the concentrations of bugs like rocks or way out in the flats near Canadian line until mid July. Always have multi colors of blades and diff weights in your pocket to change out till you find the right combo. I have caster weights of 1/2 , 5/8 , 3/4 and 1 oz should be good for any western basin day. BB weights I use 3/4 oz up to 6oz with 2 ,3 and 4 oz used most days. I tie my rigs with 17 pound Vanish line.
    Capt. Greg Hoyt
    419-890-2555 cell #
    Anchors Away Marina
    [email protected]

Thanks for taken time to post pics.