reef runners and husky jerks reef runners and husky jerks reef runners and husky jerks reef runners and husky jerks

Default reef runners and husky jerks

Hello, I'm new to trolling and would like to know if you guys use weight to get you reef runners and similiar lures down. I plan on coming to port Clinton area for the first time really soon. I just want to have everything I need. I will be using inline planers. Thanks to all tjat reply.

Depending on the depths you want to reach, you don't need to weight RR or DHJ, but if your lazy like me, I prefer to run snap weights to get the baits down with less line out along with running some high in the water column.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.

Thanks, I like the sound of using snap weights.

Quote Originally Posted by Justawelder View Post
    Hello, I'm new to trolling and would like to know if you guys use weight to get you reef runners and similiar lures down. I plan on coming to port Clinton area for the first time really soon. I just want to have everything I need. I will be using inline planers. Thanks to all tjat reply.
    DDHJerks run better and catch fish better at slower speeds than RR 800's which work better at faster speeds. If you are running 1.6 to 1.8 then you can use both effectively, but any faster the DDHjerks start to blow out a little and the eyes don't seem to like them as well. So at 1.6 or slower The RR 800's are not as effective but still catch fish but they are not as effective only because they don't have that crazy darting side to side action that they are noted for, but as you speed up some they come into their own and go into that crazy darting action that drives eyes crazy.
    Wakina
    23 foot Pro Line
    HDS 5X Sonar
    HDS 5M GPS
    Navonics chip, model #DMSD/649P+
    Platinum Plus Lake Erie and Lake St Clair Marine.
    Raymarine Dragonfly7 Sonar-Downvision-GPS combo with chirp technology.
    Navonics Hotmaps Premium East chip

Default rr 9

risto raps 9's killem in spring and summer trolled on boards 150 200 back that lure always puts a few nice fish in the box tennesee shad

For me I've caught more walleye running RR's from .8 to 1.5 mph than the higher speeds, the huskys and taildancers from 1 to 2 mph. Strange how things work one way for some, and other ways for others. I know a few guys that run nothing but RR even all summer and swear by them. Once the water hits 50 I don't carry cranks in the boat, as my results show it not to be worth it, much better results on meat and spoons.
    I can only hope I have earned the freedom that has been given me.