big jon outter boards big jon outter boards big jon outter boards big jon outter boards
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Default big jon outter boards

bought a Bayliner trophy 22ft last year with all the trolling equipment with and that included the big jon outter boards and real just the reel its self, rod holders and 8 rod&reel with counters, i have in the past picked up some divers and other trolling baits so i have some of that stuff and jet divers, dipsy as well i picked up the two main books out there as well.

id be happy to take a ride along if anyone would want to do a hands on with me!!

i have never trolled before need help getting together what i need to do it. i do fish the eyes hard so id like to be able to use this equipment also have a kicker motor 15hp main motor 200hp outboard

any pics of set up and stuff i need would be greatly appreciated

thanks all this site has been great !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Fringe
    Are you from the Toledo area? if so we keep our boat at Meinke's west.Don't normally start trolling until later in season but if you would like to see how our boat is set up or ask questions I'd be more than willing to help you out. Hoping to put the boat in after easter

ps. I assume your talking about big boards

Captain Don M.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Otter Boards

As with the begining of your post do you have a question on the boards? If so, they do work just as good as some others out there. I use mine when the weather is questionable if that's not the issue and use my collapsables. The main complaint with the Otters is storage. You will do just fine with them.

Gene

Post Thanks / Like

yes Throttle im from toledo and own dock at Anchore Point so that would be awesome to get with you to figure things out, i have little items that go along with everything left on the boat so probably will need to pick some stuff up. If i can get by with these boards that would be awesome and not have to buy any that i was gonna buy namely the Church line smaller inlines. ill be getting my boat out this week for some TLC at home then float her soon after week or so id guess.

thanks again Both of you for the replys ill keep intouch for sure didnt use any of the equipment last year at all

Post Thanks / Like

Looking forward to meeting you
    Captain Don M.
    B.G./Marblehead

Post Thanks / Like

like wise Throttles , and what do you think of having the church line boards on hand or your general thoughts on them and how they work !? i have seen them in action and or played with them on a friends boat he likes them just fine and they seem good enough to me. but for the sakes of not having to buy any right now is why i want to see if i can learn what came with the boat i bought.

Post Thanks / Like

I typically run big boards, but if its just me and a friend I'll either run dipseys or throw out the inlines .Not sure but I think I have the offshore brand. I don't see any reason why those would not work. Myself personally I would run those first before I bought different ones, Btween Shots stated that they run as good as most

I wonder how well they pull in the snow?
    Captain Don M.
    B.G./Marblehead

Post Thanks / Like

Oh ok I see, ill give the big Jon's a go first for sure, I do have a couple of the dipsy divers as well as a couple jet divers are those able to run with out planer boards? Wife picks them up as stocking stuffers for Xmas. Did no reading up on them. Don't have much in lures yet to really cover all areas of the trolling season but enough to get some practice for it and picking up more here and there as I learn and go. What do you pull mostly if I may ask ?

Post Thanks / Like

pulling the old girl home in the morning for little tlc before launch

Post Thanks / Like

pulling the old girl home in the morning for little tlc before launch

wish i could post a pic